Who are the Palestinians?
Tags: PALESTINIAN Arabs
- Arab disagreement over Palestine. Pipes, D. // Commentary;Jul87, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p17
The Arabs disagree, sometimes violently, among themselves as to who should rule Palestine and where its rightful boundaries should be. A look at the four Arab groups who have had the longest and most important historical roles in the Arab struggle for Palestine.
- Myths about Palestinians. // Foreign Policy;Spring87, Issue 66, p109
The growth of Palestinian nationalism and the claim Palestinians are making to the same land coveted by Israeli Zionists. The volatile potential of the West Bank's problems with Israelis and Palestinians; West Bank demographic changes; The lives of West Bank Arabs under Israeli occupation;...
- The siege of the camps. // Newsweek;2/23/87, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p34
Lebanon's other hostages are the lesser known 30,000 Palestinians trapped in embattled refugee camps in Burj al Barajneh. Syrian-backed Amal fighters have besieged the camp for months, and at least 750 refugees have died. Another 20,000 Palestinians remain trapped in two other camps. Amal...
- Reuniting Palestinian loved ones. Yeranian, Edward Alan // Christian Science Monitor;6/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 135, p6
Reports on the difficulties facing Palestinian refugees in Lebanon who fled from their homes in what is now part of Israel.
- FOUR PALESTINIANS KILLED IN ISRAELI RAIDS ON GAZA. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);4/9/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 1245, p1
The article reports that Israel has killed four Palestinians and wounded several individuals during its third day air raids in Gaza on April 9, 2011.
- How the other�. // Catholic New Times;4/26/2010, p14
The article cites an experience of teaching Palestinian children during a stay in the Middle East.
- Sharing the Beach. // America;1/3/2011, Vol. 204 Issue 1, p4
In this article the author discusses Palestinian women and children, entering a beach in Israel.
- BETHLEHEM in the crosshairs. Morrison, Pat // National Catholic Reporter;12/20/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the treatment given to Palestinians in the city of Bethlehem. Damage done by the Israeli invasion of the city in October 2001; Rise in number of families who have left the country; Effects of the constant conflict with Israel on education of the youth in Palestine.
- The Palestinians in Lebanon: Singing somebody's song in a strange land. Foster, Charles // Contemporary Review;Jun95, Vol. 266 Issue 1553, p281
Focuses on Palestinian exiles in Lebanon. Palestinians in Lebanon as icons in the liturgy of self-definition; Suffering of Palestinians in the diaspora; Effect of the Oslo Accord; Lebanese resentment of the exiles; Palestine Liberation Organization's control over refugee camps.