Turmoil on the right
- Flotsam & jetsam. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
Comments on developments in the state of New Hampshire. Reason for the delays in the state's settlement with the Public Service of New Hampshire/Northeast Utilities; Columnist Roger Simon's recollection of how former President George Bush reinvented him to win the New Hampshire primary in 1988.
- Illinois GOP braces for Bush, McCain. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
Reports the political campaigns of presidential primaries George W. Bush and John McCain in Chicago, Illinois. Sponsors for the campaigns of Bush and McCain; Political strategies of the candidates; Political implications of the possible endorsement of Bush by Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald.
- So Much For Taxes As a Leading Concern. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;2/05/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p428
Focuses on how the issue of tax cuts influences the primary of the Republican Party in New Hampshire. Death of the proposal for tax cuts when the United States Congress reconvenes in September 2000; Implication of the victory of Arizona Senator John McCain over Texas Governor George W. Bush.
- Bush Rode Conservative Issues in South Carolina. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/03/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p4
Highlights the victory of Texas Governor and United States presidential candidate George W. Bush in the presidential primary of South Carolina on February 19, 2000. Factor that influenced his victory; Issues with which Bush rallied to become victorious.
- Set in Granite. Macomber, Shawn // American Spectator;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p22
Discusses issues and events in New Hampshire during presidential primary season. Stopover made by George H. W. Bush in New Hampshire during his campaign trail in 1992; Activities that transpire in New Hampshire during primary night; Impact of the primary season on the local residents.
- And in Michigan �. // National Review;9/12/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p17
Reports on the results of the primary in Michigan for the 1988 elections. Presidential candidates for the 1988 race; Strategies used by the supporter of candidate George Bush to undermine the campaign of rival Pat Robertson; Possible running mate for Bush.
- GET BUCH TO CRACK. Barnes, Fred // New Republic;1/18/88, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the political pressure imposed by U.S. Senator Bob Dole on presidential candidate George Bush in order to put him out of the Presidential election. Involvement of Dole in the victory of U.S. President Ronald Reagan in the New Hampshire primary; Victory of Bush in two nationally...
- Presidential primary told the local GOP that work remains. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/10/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p54A
Comments on lessons learned from the primary race between United States Senator John McCain and Texas Governor George W. Bush by Republican organizations in Long Island, New York. Performance of McCain on Long Island; Significance of Bush's poor performance in Nassau County; Winner and losers...
- Bush ads: High road. Colford, Steven W. // Advertising Age;1/20/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that U.S. president George Bush's re-election campaign due to launch in February 1992 will avoid the negative advertising of his first campaign. Television spots will likely show scenes from stops during the New Hampshire primary and will not mention conservative challenger...