HDD & the environmental remediation market
- Adapting to market conditions. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the market potential of horizontal directional drilling (HDD). Decline in the demand for vertical drilling; Impact of the development of horizontal remediation well technology on the way environmental clean-up jobs; Remarks of Roland Davis about the operations of Davis Environmental...
- Demand Remains Low For HDD Remediation. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the demand for the use of horizontal directional drilling for horizontal remediation wells in the United States. Prospects for the industry in the 1990s; Factors affecting the horizontal well market; Experience of Directional Technologies Inc. in directional drilling; Purpose of the...
- Passing the test. // Underground Construction;Jul97, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p35
Presents results of the Treatability Study to determine the effectiveness of horizontal wells in remediating petroleum hydrocarbons at Fort Jonathan Wainwright in Fairbanks, Alaska. Objectives of the study; Design of the remediation project; Details of the project installations.
- HDD remediation. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p34
Provides an overview on the installation of horizontal remediation wells. Advantages of horizontal well methods; Factors attributed to the slow growth of the horizontal remediation well industry; Background on the horizontal well method; Need for professionals knowledgeable in horizontal well...
- Senate Hangs 'No Drilling' Sign Along The Lakeshore. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the approval of a bill that bans leasers for directional drilling under the Great Lakes in Michigan. Goal and intent of the bill; Punishment for violation of the bill.
- Criteria for evaluating directionally drilled crossings. Boivin, R.P.; Eng, P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p12
Considers the general aspects of directional drilling technology as related to the installation of small- and large-diameter pipelines at water crossings. Wide use of directional drilling; Use situations; Limitations; Scheduling; Drilling fluids; Work space; Pipe profile; Stress analysis;...
- Proposals Sought For HDD Curriculum & Training Guide. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the proposals to develop a curriculum and instruction guide asked by HDD Good Installation Practices Consortium to implement the Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines. Contents of the guide; Goals of the consortium; Members of the consortium.
- Complex Market. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p25
Explores the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market in the U.S. Use of HDD in gas and electric utilities; Evolution of the HDD industry; Domination of mini rigs in HDD market.
- Night-time gas line installation in Arizona. // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on night-time directional drilling project near Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport in Arizona. Contractor of the project; Obstacles to directional drilling in Arizona desert; Requirements set by Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT); Various comments on night-time bore.