Caterpillar enters compact construction equipment business
- TECHNOLOGY TO GO. Lorenzi, Neal // Concrete Products;Aug2009, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p20
The article provides an overview of the latest advances in onboard computing technology from various manufacturers. Product Link and VIMS tools are being developed by Caterpillar Inc. to link customer sites. The K-Series wheel loaders from John Deere & Co. feature the JDLink technology which...
- Cat's centenary dozer. Stanton, Justin // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p30
Presents information on the models and innovations in construction equipment launched by Caterpillar during the anniversary of its track-type tractor in November 2004. T-Series tractor; Hydraulic excavators; Engine Idle Management System.
- New perspectives on HEAVY METAL. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Dec2004, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p20
Explores the developments in construction equipment and machinery. Details of an excavator futuristically designed by engineers at Caterpillar Inc.; Incorporation of electronics in controlling the equipment; Use of Global Positioning System satellites to locate the machinery.
- ANATOMY OF AUTONOMY. Anderson, Mike // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/25/2016, Vol. 277 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the application of autonomous technology in the construction industry. Topics include the addition of technology and automation into the construction machinery to boost accuracy and production, autonomous or semi-autonomous machines from construction equipment manufacturer...
- Caterpillar shines light on new products. // Pit & Quarry;Jul96, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p10
Presents Caterpillar's new entries to its products lineup. Features of the 777D of the manufacturer's D Series trucks; Caterpillar's financial results and plans for future product development reviewed by Caterpillar Group president Glenn A. Barton; Caterpillar's focus on articulated truck...
- Animal instincts. Price, Kate // International Construction;Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p26
Reports the launching of construction equipment from Caterpillar. Features of the machines; Growth of the construction industry; Increase of the loading efficiency.
- Caterpillar's new line of light machines is major market move. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/21/98, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p89
Introduces construction equipment from Caterpillar Inc. Equipment machines and work tools; Growth of the market for light equipment; Information on the different models of the equipment.
- Cat reacts to PTAG charge. // Contract Journal;11/13/2002, Vol. 416 Issue 6403, p15
Reports on the confirmation made by the company Caterpillar to the Plant Theft Action Group (PTAG) that it will meet the requirements set by Home Office. Attitude of the company toward the aims of the PTAG; Measures taken and being considered by the company to comply with the requirements.
- Caterpillar grows by getting smaller. Banasiak, David; DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Dec97, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p19
Provides information on the plans of Caterpillar Inc. to manufacture compact construction machines. Planned debut of the product; Machines to be unveiled.