- Attitudes toward environmental construction. // BioCycle;Mar1996, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p27
Reports that a Green Building Practices Survey was designed to measure building industry attitudes and approaches to environmental construction in Raleigh, North Carolina. Definition of green products.
- HVAC agenda challenges building professionals in 1993. Eisele, Julie // Buildings;Jan1993, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p42
Details heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) service concerns faced by most building professionals in 1993. Environmental considerations; Quality and cost; Retrofitting accommodation of savings; Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) phase-out. INSET: Phase-outs will persist as a top ARI issue..
- Estimating: Experience pays off. Grogan, Tim // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/30/96, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p77
Reports on how the construction industry in the United States cope with environmental requirements. Data bases used in estimation of costs of environmental remediation projects; Environmental restoration unit cost books from R.S. Means Company.
- `Green Building' conference set for Oct. 31. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/13/97, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the 1997 Green Building conference set for October 31-November 2, 1997 in Austin, Texas.
- Large-scale construction versus environment. Vozenilek, Helen // Earth Island Journal;Fall90, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the nature of union construction work. Environmental destruction caused by union construction; Expansion of union employment cities; Efforts to include women into the trades.
- Hug a tree today. Pateman, Chris // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun99, p3
Focuses on the effort to involve environmental policies in the agenda and concern of construction industry in England. Ways of implementing environmental responsibilities; Government views on environmentalism.
- green MATTERS. // Concrete Products;Jan2012, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on the registration for the Green Matters Conference at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas on February 22-24, 2012, which will include admission to the exhibit hall floor and live demonstrations of product and equipment developments.
- Whether the weather. // International Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the impact of weather conditions on the construction industry. Issue on worker safety; Steps undertaken by contractors for protection from the weather; Transmission of weather information through mobile phone technology.
- Builders see green. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jul2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses environment-friendly or green construction the Ninth District states of Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. According to a 2006 survey by McGraw Hill Construction and the National Association of Home Builders, new...