- Business. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p96
Reports on developments related to the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States as of January 1998. Includes Fiatallis' plans to introduce an expanded series of excavating equipment in early 1998; Stone Construction Equipment Inc.'s appointment of Ray Kazniak as one of...
- FYI. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p100
Provides updates on events related to the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States as of January 1998. Includes American Augers' entry into a distributor agreement with Ellis William Co.; Availability of brochure of a cost-effective serviceable pig signaller; Logan Clay...
- Business. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p78
Reports on developments concerning the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States. Includes Garrett Engineering's offering of engineering and consulting services specializing in horizontal directional drilling; Kellogg Brown & Root chief executive officer A.J. Stanley and...
- Why do we continue to place un-locatable utilities in the ground? Berry, Joe // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p96
Opinion. Criticizes the underground construction industry's practice of burying underground pipelines without tracer wires and cables that can help locate them in the future. Concerns on whether owners of such underground facilities be able to locate them using conventional locating...
- Washington Watch. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p10
Presents legislative developments related to the underground construction industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Pipeline safety bill; Department of Trade's Office of Pipeline Safety general operator qualification; Gas transmission integrity program.
- IPLOCA President's Message. Ringers, Hans // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p34
Provides information on the International Pipe Line & Offshore Contractor's Association (IPLOCA). Reputation of IPLOCA in the pipeline construction industry; Venue of the association's 34th convention; Opportunities provided by the annual convention.
- Airgas-Norpac Cracks Through Obstacles On Sub-Sea Pipeline. Lucas, Ron // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p21
Part I. Focuses on the involvement of Russian distributor Airgas-Norpac in the North Sea sub-sea pipeline project. Airgas' supply of abarsives, brushes, electrodes and personal protective equipment and other supplies to Houston Contracting, the firm selected by BP Exploration to build the...
- Crystal Ball? Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jan2004, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p2
Provides an overview of the articles published in the January 2004 issue of the journal "Underground Construction" in the U.S. Details of the annual energy pipeline construction report; Analysis of the telecommunication market; Preparation for the Municipal Survey on engineers and contractors.
- UCT Means Business. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p42
The article focuses on the annual Underground Construction Technology (UCT) International Conference & Exhibition scheduled for January 25-27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. Billed as the most important business event of 2005 for the underground piping infrastructure, UCT...