- Texas' future water needs addressed. // Underground Construction;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the Water Development Board of Texas has held sixteen meetings throughout the state to discuss how best to meet its water needs in the 21st century. Water conservation legislation in response to the drought that greatly affected the state's economy in 1996; Possible urban water...
- Water wisdom. Mattern, V. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Feb90, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p39
Offers several moisture-saving tips to keep a landscape lush even during times of drought. Use of household wastewater. INSET: Endless summer?; Gray water checklist.;Resources..
- Don't be a water hog. Csatari, J. // Boys' Life;May92, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p6
Suggests ways of cutting down on water use in and around the home. Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth; Take shorter showers; Water your lawn in the morning or evening.
- Is our water safe to drink? Scott, Geoff // Current Health 2;Mar1993, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the safety and quality of drinking water. Laws and regulations; Factors affecting the quality of water such as contaminated source and treatment facilities; Guidelines on how to maintain and improve water quality; Sources for more information. INSETS: Fluoride and chlorine--Healthy...
- Balancing the water budget. Mussared, David // Ecos;Spring95, Issue 85, p14
Focuses on the debate over Australia's water budget. Paradoxes characterizing the debate; Status of Australia's water table; Distribution of water in the region; Water restrictions in cities in Australia; Water price comparisons; Water as pollution. INSETS: How do we compare?.;Seeking...
- City receives assured water supply status. // Inside Tucson Business;04/06/98, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p18
Discloses that the city of Tucson, Arizona has received its designation of an assured water supply from the Arizona Department of Water Resources. Estimated amount saved in groundwater pumping fees as a result of the city's success in meeting an early application deadline; Requirements for...
- Water issue looms large as community expands. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;09/14/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p12
Provides information about the water-supply management projects in Tucson, Arizona. Resources available for long-term regional water management planning; Advocacy groups that educate the public on water issues; Main goal of local water management.
- U.S. hydrologists provide data for water debate. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;09/21/98, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p10
Discloses the findings of a study conducted by hydrologists at the United States Geological Survey on the water supply problems in Tucson, Arizona. Land needed for the withdrawal of underground water; Ways for studying the amount of water percolating into an area of land.
- Agency adopts plan to conserve water. // International Wildlife;May92, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p27
Announces that the Delaware River Basin Commission has adopted a new regulation to encourage water conservation. It requires water companies and agencies to develop rate structures that give customers incentives to reduce water use.