GRI issues air quality standards report
- Use of personal measurements for ozone exposure assessment: a pilot study Koutrakis, P.; Burton, R. M.; Liu, L.-J. S.; Mulik, J. D.; Suh, H. H. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Sep1993, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p318
No abstract available.
- Land of Rock (and Smog?). Olesnycky, Andrew // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p41
Provides information on the Appalachian Mountain Club's Visibility Volunteers program aimed at measuring ozone levels along popular routes in New Hampshire's White Mountains.
- Evaluation of indoor ozone concentration and predictors of... Romieu, Isabelle; Lugo, Marlene Cortez; Colome, Steve; Mercado Garcia, Adriana; Hernandez Avila, Mauricio; Geyh, Allison; Ruiz Velasco, Silvia; Palazuelos Rendon, Eduardo // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association;Apr98, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p327
Presents information on a study that evaluated ozone concentrations using passive ozone monitoring devices to determine the adverse health effects on residents of Mexico City. Measurement of indoor and outdoor ozone concentrations; Methods used; Findings and analysis of the results; Conclusions.
- Ozone generators. // Chemical Business;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p52
Features MVS Engineering Ltd.'s ozone generators. Mechanism of ozone generation; Application of ozone; Specifications of the system; Contact information.
- The main street solution. Barry, J.B. // Sierra;May/Jun91, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p24
Considers local governments in North America and Europe who are addressing the issues of ozone depletion, global warming, and tropical deforestation. Irvine, California's chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) law; Berkeley, California and Portland, Ore., banned polystyrene foam; Toronto, Ont., cuts carbon...
- Seasonal cycles of surface ozone and NO...in Shanghai. Xu, Jialiu; Zhu, Yixiu // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Oct97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1424
Presents a study that employs a series of simultaneous observations of the surface ozone and NO..., in Shanghai since 1990. How seasonal cycles of O..., and NO... have been acquired; Methodology utilized in the study; Results and conclusion of the study.
- A dream solution for the ozone hole? Abrams, R. // Science World;2/21/92, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p23
Discusses the problems in creating a replacement ozone layer. Energy; `Bad ozone'; Scientists still brainstorming; Geoscientist Ralph Cicerone's idea.
- Residue from volcanic eruptions. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/12/87, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p91
A group of University of Colorado scientists believe residue from the recent upsurge in volcanic eruptions may have falsely alarmed people over the reported decrease in the Earth's atmospheric polar ozone. They say future scientific satellites must be designed to take the residue into account...
- Surface erythemal irradiance and total column ozone above Durban, South Africa, for the period 1996-1998. Prause, A. R.; Scourfield, M. W. J. // South African Journal of Science;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 98 Issue 3/4, p186
Presents ultra violet (UV) measurements at Durban, South Africa over three consecutive years, 1996 to 1998. Data acquisition and processing; Factors influencing surface UV irradiance received on a horizontal surface; Conclusion.