Williams' fiber network expands
- Williams Files Chapter 11. // Bank Loan Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the move of Williams Communications to file for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in April 2002.
- Williams: Second time a charm? Masud, Sam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p22
Reports on Williams Communications Inc.'s re-entry into the telecommunications network market. Williams' contracts with various telecommunication providers; Williams' strategy in reclaiming its carrier business; Focus of the company's telecommunications business; Williams' efforts to build its...
- Architecting a next-generation network: No TDM. Allen, Mark E.; Bross, Matt // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on Williams Communications Inc.'s telecommunications network. Network architecture; Fiber installations in the network's main routes; Features of Williams' service delivery platform; Comparison with traditional network providers; Williams' plans for its data-centric network.
- Back in the saddle. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;01/12/98, Vol. 234 Issue 2, p12
Reports on developments concerning Williams Communications as of January 12, 1998. Includes signing of a network-use deal with US West; Purchase of a Florida fiber route from MediaOne.
- Another Telecom Down: Williams' $750M Deal Bites the Dust. J. N. // Bank Loan Report;4/16/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the withdrawal by Williams Communications of its planned syndicated loan.
- Williams/Nortel. // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p57
Reports on the agreement between Williams Communications Group Inc. and Northern Telecom Ltd. to combine their customer premise equipment sales and service operations.
- Innovation At Light Speed. McCormick, John // Inter@ctive Week;09/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 39, preceding p11
Focuses on telecommunication companies and their innovations that will be honored in the 2000 InterOp Infrastructure Awards. NBTel's high-speed Digital Subscriber Line telephone network; Fiber-optic network of Williams Communications; Gigabit Ethernet service offered by Yipes Communications.
- Wave of the future. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;04/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 16, p17
Discusses Williams Communications' use of Corvis' CorWave optical transport platform to build out an all-optical network. Decision on whether to use the entire platform or just segments of it; Factors considered in choosing the Corvis system; Implications of the contract.
- Williams reawakens. Myers, Alphonso // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p16
Highlights the efforts of Williams Communications to re-establish itself in the telecommunication industry. Revenue that the company generated in 1999; Deals completed by Williams; Details on its venture into metropolitan networking. INSET: CROSSTALK.