Committee continues efforts to define locator, tracking equipment role
- RENTALS WILL CONTINUE TO GROW DESPITE SLOWDOWN, SAY EXPERTS. Hawk, Jeff // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/10/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p39
Reports on the issues related to the equipment rental market addressed during a panel discussion at the Equipment Manufacturers Institute's meeting on June 25-27, 2000, in Chicago, Illinois. Projected growth of the equipment rental business; Effects of the downturn in construction activity on...
- Senate Hangs 'No Drilling' Sign Along The Lakeshore. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the approval of a bill that bans leasers for directional drilling under the Great Lakes in Michigan. Goal and intent of the bill; Punishment for violation of the bill.
- Criteria for evaluating directionally drilled crossings. Boivin, R.P.; Eng, P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p12
Considers the general aspects of directional drilling technology as related to the installation of small- and large-diameter pipelines at water crossings. Wide use of directional drilling; Use situations; Limitations; Scheduling; Drilling fluids; Work space; Pipe profile; Stress analysis;...
- Proposals Sought For HDD Curriculum & Training Guide. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the proposals to develop a curriculum and instruction guide asked by HDD Good Installation Practices Consortium to implement the Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines. Contents of the guide; Goals of the consortium; Members of the consortium.
- Complex Market. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p25
Explores the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market in the U.S. Use of HDD in gas and electric utilities; Evolution of the HDD industry; Domination of mini rigs in HDD market.
- Night-time gas line installation in Arizona. // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on night-time directional drilling project near Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport in Arizona. Contractor of the project; Obstacles to directional drilling in Arizona desert; Requirements set by Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT); Various comments on night-time bore.
- Falling prices. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun98, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on the declining prices of directional drilling services in the United States. Factors causing the trend includes the growth of market demand for the services, improvements in drilling equipment and practice of inhouse drilling by utilities and general contractors; Strategies for...
- Directional drilling in the US Gulf: The first 50 years. Stolle, James; Le Blanc, Leonard // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p35
Highlights developments and changes concerning directional drilling in the United States-side of the Gulf of Mexico. Brief history of offshore directional well drilling; Expansion of hole angles of wells drilled with Anadarko Production as the first company in the Gulf to exceed 90 degrees;...
- Going underground. // International Construction;Feb98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p70
Details the use of the Vermeer D-24a Navigator directional boring rigs by contractors General de Maquinaria Puebla in the installation of the underground television and electrical line in Morelia, Mexico. Phases of the Morelia project; Durability of the machines.