Pipeline penalty for California city
- Probe targets L.A. water agency. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/06/97, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on state and federal investigators' investigation into allegations of misconduct by Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Board employees involved in the agency's underground tank spill cleanup program. Details of the charges; Number of employees of the board; Annual budget.
- ACA Responds to Marina del Rey Harbor Toxics Total Maximum Daily Load Suggested Reconsideration. // CoatingsTech;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the comments submitted by the American Coatings Association's (ACA) Marine Antifouling Working Group on January 15, 2014 to the Los Angeles, California Regional Water Quality Control Board (LARWQCB) objecting to proposed revisions to the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for...
- Copper Bottom Paint Targeted in Marina del Rey. Scott, Shane // Log Newspaper;1/3/2014, Issue 962, p10
The article focuses on the report by the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board released on May 5, 2013, which cites copper as one of the major pollutants in the area. According to the report, the copper that is used as an ingredient on antifouling bottom paints of sea vessels is at...
- 1998 pipeline construction outlook. Aucion, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p54
Forecasts the performance of underground pipeline construction companies in various countries for 1998. Includes Alliance Pipeline Co.; ANR Pipeline Co.; Arco Alaska Inc.; Bechtel Corp.
- Equipment selection guide. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p19
Presents a guide for the selection of equipment for pipeline and utility contractors for underground piping work. Includes excavators; Trenching machines; Backhoes/loaders; Rock drills; Electric welding equipment; Cable layers; Skid steer loaders; Air compressors.
- Dry Africa seeks water sources. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p26
Features the construction of a 360 kilometers underground water pipeline in Botswana. Connection of a reservoir in the country's eastern region to the dry Gaborone, Botswana. Estimated value of the pipeline's dam, pumping station and treatment plant; Importance of the pipeline for Gaborone's...
- Sound way to find buried pipes. // Professional Engineering;12/10/97, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p46
Highlights a method which was introduced to detect the presence and location of underground piping uses acoustic devices, to send signals along the pipes. Brief information on sound signals; Reference to signal generating devices; Reason the method was designed; Production of maps of buried pipes.
- Several factors play role in joint restraint installation. Shumard, Dennis // WaterWorld;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Discusses various parameters involved in joint restraint installation in underground pipelines. Soil type; Trench type; Depth of bury; Test pressure; Pipe type; Pipe size; Fitting type; Safety factor; Other considerations.
- Road Cave-in at Marine Drive. // RobinAge;9/5/2013, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that a large portion of Marine Drive, an arterial road in Mumbai, India, caved in due to an underground pipeline burst.