Challenging your right to record
- U.S. designates Ukraine as priority foreign country under 'Special 301' // International Law Update;Apr2001, Vol. 7, p63
Highlights the designation of the Ukraine as a priority foreign country by the United States Trade Representative under the Trade Act of 1974. Compact disc (CD) piracy in Ukraine; Losses incurred by U.S. recording firms every year from CD piracy; Investigation of Ukraine's laws and practices in...
- The iPod Blues. Hajdu, David // New Republic;3/29/2004, Vol. 230 Issue 11, p25
Some fifty years after Columbia Records introduced the 33 1/3 rpm vinyl LP, and more than twenty years since Philips and Sony initiated its displacement by the longer-playing compact disc, the album's days as the pre-eminent format for serious (and less-than-serious) works of popular music...
- Dive in to DVD. Sealey, Mark // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
Provides models to consider which relate to Digital Video Disc (DVD) players and DVD-ROM drives (computer version). Purpose of most of these models.
- INDUSTRY LEADERS DEMONSTRATE REAL-TIME DVD+RW RECORDING. // CD Computing News;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the leaders in CD-ReWritable industry such as Ricoh and Sony, have reinforced their commitment to digital video disc-ReWritable technology.
- In wake of CD-R media shortage, planned Barcelona plant will boost production. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Ricoh Corp. and Kao Infosystems Corp. have announced plans to establish a company for producing compact-disc recordable media in Europe. Target timetable for the joint venture.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p29
Presents compact disc read-only memory-related news items for October 1996. Includes alliance between 2Way Media Inc. and Intel Corp.; Pinnacle Micro Inc.'s distribution agreement with Marshall Industries; Financial performance of Sony Corp. for the first quarter of 1996.
- More DVD-A SACD Titles On The Way. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Reports on the increasing titles of Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) and audio digital video disc (DVD). Plans of Sony Music Corp. to release five title per month in the year 2003; Retail prices of SACD; Price policy for DVDs.
- CD plants with big plans open, expand. // CD-ROM Professional;Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p18
Discusses plant openings and expansion by compact disc manufactures in the United States. Sites opened by KAO Infosystems Company and Americ Disc Incorporated; Line expansion made by Nimbus Manufacturing Incorporated.
- New duplicators bolster industry buzz. // CD-ROM Professional;Dec96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p22
Features a number of compact disc-recordable (CD-R) products in the duplication market. Buzzsaw family of CD recording recorders from Isomedia Incorporated; Introduction of the CD-Shuttle Autoloader from Champion Duplicators Incorporated; Other information.