Network storage's new safe haven
- Sound Factory Groove Construction kit. Patton, Christopher // Electronic Musician;Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p142
Reviews the Groove Construction Kit compact disc. Cost of the product; Inclusion of a variety of Ensoniq samplers; Quality of sound on the product.
- Quick picks. // Electronic Musician;Jul99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p200
Presents various products for sound recording and reproducing. Includes Ilio Entertainment's TransFusion compact disc; Shane Etter's Kurweil K2000/K2500 sound subscriptions; Guitar Center's Synchroloops compact disc and CD-ROM.
- CD-Recorder Pool Grows; MD Portables Get Long-Play. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p92
Reports on the growth of compact disc recorders and MiniDisc portables in the United States. Inclusions of the CD-recorder selection; Companies launching the first portable player/recorders equipped with MiniDisc Long Play (MDLP); Recording modes of the MDLP; Sales of the CD-R products.
- The speed of sound. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Addresses the safety of high-speed compact disc (CD)-audio recording. How errors are detected and corrected; Details on Cross Interleaved Reed Solomon Code used in CD; How errors occur; Block Error Rate as indicator of overall disc quality.
- Quick picks. // Electronic Musician;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p166
Features various sound recording and reproducing equipment and supplies, including Tascam's DA-45HR digital audio tape machine, Best Service's `XX-Large Pads' audio compact discs and East West/MZone's `Groovemasters Drums' compact discs.
- PRIMERA TECHNOLOGY BRAVO DISC PUBLISHER. Cutler, Marty // Electronic Musician;Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on compact discs recorder developed by Primera Technology Inc.
- CD RECORDERS. // Electronic Musician;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p38
Presents compact disc recorders from various manufacturers including Denon, Superscope, Tascam, Sony and Philips.
- So vinyl LPs are better than CDs, are they? Try telling that to anyone who has ploughed through... French, Sean // New Statesman;9/20/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4301, p26
Comments on an article by David Denby published in the `New Yorker' magazine in 1996, explaining why vinyl LPs are better than CDs. Sound quality; Packaging; Excerpt of from a poem by Sylvia Plath.
- Cheap and easy. Block, Debbie Galante // Billboard;9/2/95, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p84
Features several compact disc replication machinery designed to increase flexibility speed and reduce cost. Includes Monoliner MKIV-S from Optical Disc Manufacturing Equipment; CD-2000 from Krauss-Maffei; Uniline 3000 from First Light Technology Inc.