DVD Forum Steering Committee adds seven new members
- DVD forum reports on status of DVD-RAM drives. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p61
Announces that the DVD Forum has demonstrated interchangeability of media recorded on digital video disc (DVD)-random access memory (RAM) drives from three different manufacturers. Activities of the DVD Forum; Mention of the report on the status of DVD-RAM Format Version 1.0.
- Snafus threaten DVD bow. Stalter, Katharine // Variety;4/15/96, Vol. 362 Issue 11, p86
States that marketing and technical glitches threaten to delay the rollout of a digital videodisc as stated by executives at a DVD forum in the United States. Reviewing of the technology's specifications; Effects of the delay; Issues that remained unresolved; Possibility of format taking years...
- EMI chief joins DVD line-up. // Music Week;10/4/2003, Issue 39, p6
Reports that EMI Recorded Music chairman and chief executive officer Tony Wadsworth is scheduled to give a talk at the DVD Europe conference to be held at the British Library in London, England in October 2003. Wadsworth's task of delivering the opening address; Other conference speakers.
- DVD industry takes steps to stop piracy. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p3
Highlights the DVD in 50 Conference held in Hollywood, California in June 2003. Retailers' warning about the need for movie studios to prevent digital videodisc (DVD) piracy; Expected roles of recordable DVD and high-definition DVD in spurring further growth in the format; Need for the industry...
- DVD: STILL WAITING AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. Arquette, Brett // eWeek;07/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p54
Comments on the status of DVD technology. Efforts of the DVD Forum to work out the technical aspects of delivering DVD-recordable device; Use of tape as the primary archive device in the absence of any other solution; Uncertain future and availability of DVD.
- Rivals go their own way on mini videos. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;12/05/98, Vol. 160 Issue 2163, p10
Reports on the development of pocket-sized video recorders, in late 1998, that can store several hours of high-quality pictures and sound. Examples of the technology seen at the DVD Forum; How Sony and Fujitsu have teamed up to create a high density audio minidisc; Possibility of whole movies...
- Event assembles key DVD experts. // Music Week;9/13/2003, Issue 36, p8
Highlights the 'Music Week' magazine-sponsored conference in Great Britain devoted to music DVD at the British Museum on October 7â€“8, 2003 in London, England. Focus on the event on the music applications of DVD technology; Schedule of the conference; Sponsors of the event; Organizers of...
- Led Zep shine at DVD conference. // Music Week;10/18/2003, Issue 41, p1
Highlights the DVD Europe conference held at the British Museum in London, England, which included a run-through of the creation of the double disc Led Zeppelin DVD release. Programs and activities; Attendees; Other highlights of the two-day conference.
- Retail: closer ties with labels. Talbot, Martin // Music Week;10/18/2003, Issue 41, p21
Reports that the On the Shop Floor panel of DVD Europe 2003 conference has concluded that there is a significant need for retail and labels to work even closer to maximize the potential of music DVD in Great Britain. Concerns about the profile of music DVD; Need for labels to promote DVD like...
- Budget panellists highlight spin-off opportunities. Scott, Ajax // Music Week;10/18/2003, Issue 41, p21
Reports that panelists on DVD Europe 2003 conference's Balancing the Budget Session has urged the need for content owners to take advantage of ancillary revenue streams if they are to offset the cost of DVD production and maximize the returns on their releases in Great Britain. Appeal of Geoff...