Optibase, Nimbus, Technicolor, SPA sponsor DVD Pro
- Nimbus's anti-piracy holography replication: Stunning. // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p23
Reports on Nimbus Manufacturing's introduction of anti-piracy holography options in the replication of discs. Development of three-dimensional (3-D) id technology together with Applied Holographics PLC; Edge-to-Edge and Security Band approaches; Application of the Nimbus holographic technique...
- SPA report on effectiveness of technology in schools. // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p33
Presents some of the findings included in the Software Publishers Association's report titled `The Effectiveness of Technology in Schools, '90-'97.' Includes the effects of technology on student achievement; Contact information.
- Don't copy that floppy. Mamis, Robert A. // Inc.;Jun92, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p127
Focuses on the Software Publishers Association, which represents 90 percent of an industry that estimates losses of $2.4 billion a year to piracy in the US al one. Lawsuits filed against companies using duplicated programs; Comments from SPA executive director Ken Wasch. INSET: Piracy control...
- SPA targets counterfeit distributors. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p16
Reports that the Software Publishers Association (SPA) has issued preliminary injunctions in three lawsuits against five distributors for allegedly selling counterfeit copies of SPA member software. List of the companies; Involved software programs; Demands of the SPA.
- Are your software licenses complete? // Reading Teacher;Mar94, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p506
Highlights the Software Publishers Association's (SPA) antipiracy activities on personal computer softwares in 1992. Investigations of cases on software copyright infringement; Statistical information on lawsuit payments made to SPA.
- Software Publishers Association honors top titles, journalists, and community service provider. Kinnaman, Daniel E. // Technology & Learning;May/Jun95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p62
Reports on the winners of Software Publishers Association's (SPA) Excellence in Software Awards. Includes Best Overall Education Program; Best Early Education Program; Best Home Learning Programs.
- School team winners of Cybersafari 95 announced. Troselius, Renee; Morris, Bonnie // Technology Connection;Feb96, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p33
Announces the top three junior high and high school team winners in the second slower phase of the Software Publishers Association's digital treasure hunt on the World Wide Web.
- Anti-piracy campaign. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jan1995, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Software Publishers Association's launch of an anti-piracy advertising campaign created by Woolward & Partners. Aim to increase calls to the piracy hot line.
- It's the student, stupid! Twigg, Carol A. // Educom Review;May/Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p42
Criticizes the assumptions published in the `1995 Education Market Report' by the Software Publishers Association (SPA). Views about on-campus students as a market for computer software; Clarifying role of institutions in providing students with access on computer software; Need for...