NSM Jukebox to add DVD-RAM drives to CD library products
- By Jupiter, it's jukebox. // Management Services;Oct99, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p47
This article presents information about the first compact disc (CD) cum digital video disc (DVD) jukebox called Jupiter, introduced by NSM Jukebox Ltd. It offers data storage capacity between 200 Gigabytes and 1.8 Terabytes depending on the drive configuration and choice of media. For CD Jupiter...
- C-Cube debuts Ziva-PC DVD ICs. Brown, Peter // Electronic News;05/11/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2218, p22
Features the C-Cube Microsystems Inc.'s Ziva-PC digital video disc-random access memory (DVD-ROM) chip for both notebooks and personal computers (PCs). Key specifications; Impact of Microsoft and Intel's heavy promotion on consumers' acceptance of the DVD-ROMs; Chip's integration of certain...
- PANASONIC FIRST TO MANUFACTURE DVD-RAM DISCS IN U.S. // CD Computing News;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
This article reports on the production of blank DVD-RAM discs at the facility of Panasonic Disc Manufacturing Corp. in Torrance, California in 2004. Company president Mark Horiki said the rewritable DVD-RAM disc is the next step in the accelerating movement from the various tape formats. The...
- NSM Jukebox and Smart Storage Introduce Satellite CDDuplicator. // Information Today;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p51
Discusses Satellite 03 CDDuplicator, a compact disc (CD) duplication system which combines the NSM Satellite 03 storage system from NSM Jukebox and the SmartCD Duplicator software Smart Storage. Number of CDs it can duplicate in an hour; Data transfer rates of the duplicator; The ability to...
- Dual-focus optical pickups read both DVDs and CDs. Mortensen, Paul // Laser Focus World;Mar96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
Reports that major Japanese electronics companies are redesigning their dual-focus optical pickups to read both the compact-disk (CD) and the digital-video-disk formats (DVD). Target to release a dual-purposeplayer in 1996; Differences between Cd and DVD; Intensity noise.
- What's the Single, Most Important Item I Should Look at When Buying a New Computer for Business Use? Jones, Caleb // National Public Accountant;Aug2003, p23
Presents advice on the factors to consider in purchasing a computer for business use. Amount of random access memory; Benefits of a CD or DVD burner; Price of the flat screen monitor; Speed of the processor.
- NSM suite of application-specific jukeboxes. // Computers in Libraries;Jun97, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p70
Announces that NSM Jukebox has extended its family of CD jukeboxes by introducing its Satellite read/write jukebox. Features; Cost; Vendor contact information.
- 4Q DVD hardware storm creates climate for 1Q title wave. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;11/20/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p35
Deals with the release of several motion pictures in digital videodiscs (DVD) in the first quarter of 2001. Prices of DVD from New Line Home Video; Release of Alfred Hitchcok-inspired DVD from Universal Studios Home Video.
- DVD-Video plans Euro landing in early 1998. Hils, Miriam // Variety;09/01/97, Vol. 368 Issue 4, p29
Reports that movie studios plan to release digital video disc (DVD) titles in Europe during the first quarter of the year 1998. Movie industry executives' comments; Titles of movies scheduled for earlier release.