CNF introduces cardportDVD portable external player for PCs
- 4Q DVD hardware storm creates climate for 1Q title wave. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;11/20/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p35
Deals with the release of several motion pictures in digital videodiscs (DVD) in the first quarter of 2001. Prices of DVD from New Line Home Video; Release of Alfred Hitchcok-inspired DVD from Universal Studios Home Video.
- DVD-Video plans Euro landing in early 1998. Hils, Miriam // Variety;09/01/97, Vol. 368 Issue 4, p29
Reports that movie studios plan to release digital video disc (DVD) titles in Europe during the first quarter of the year 1998. Movie industry executives' comments; Titles of movies scheduled for earlier release.
- Rollout hits a snag in Japan. Magee, Michelle // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p41
Reports on the delay in release of digital videodiscs (DVD) in Japan following software vendors' discovery of the incompatibility between DVD hardware and discs. Market observers' comments.
- Where DVDs are awfully easy to adopt. // Electronic News;12/08/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2197, p4
Focuses on the growth of the market for digital video discs in China.
- The DVD dilemma. Snyder, Bill // PC Week;5/27/96, Vol. 13 Issue 21, pA1
Reports on developments related to digital videodiscs (DVD). Delay in the release of DVD products due to fight on copyright-related issues; Industry observers' comments.
- It sounds all too familiar. // Electronic News;06/01/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2221, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the debate on the development of standards for the digital video disc (DVD) technology in the United States. Features of the two standards competing in the DVD market; Major companies which are taking part in standard development.
- Digital video disc update. Cole, George // Gramophone;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 883, p188
Focuses on digital video discs (DVDs). Disagreements among the DVD Alliance's members Philips, Sony, Pioneer, Hitachi, Toshiba and Matsushita; Use of the DVD for films and other moving picture programs; Storage of up to 4.7 gigabytes of data in a single-sided and single-layer DVD; Other DVD...
- ATI Technologies upgrades 3-D accelerator. // Electronic News;2/24/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2156, p16
Reports on ATI Technologies' upgrading of its RAGE II 3-D accelerator by adding hardware motion compensation for digital versatile disc (DVD) playback. Trident Microsystems' 64-bit 3-D notebook device and CardBus/PCMCIA host adapter controller; ATI's team-up with CompCore Multimedia to...
- DVD: Decision vs. delay. Stalter, Katharine; Homer, Steve // Variety;09/30/96, Vol. 364 Issue 9, p80
Focuses on developments related to efforts to develop digital videodisc (DVD) standards. Motion picture industry's reactions to delays in DVD standards; Factors causing the delay; Industry executives' comments.