Player rental programs crop up as DVD-Video popularity spreads
- Studios retool Web sites for video sales. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;06/27/98, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p73
Discusses how the popularity of movies in Hollywood has led to the redesign and expansion of most studios' online sites. Strategies that will help bridge the gap between the theatrical Web site and keep consumers interested when a film comes to sell-through; The digital video disc (DVD) version...
- Toshiba-TW disc makes Eastwood's digital day. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;1/25/95, Vol. 335 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the introduction of the digital video disc (DVD) from the joint venture of Toshiba and Time Warner Inc. Comparison with the format developed by Sony and Philips; Companies supporting the format; Price.
- New TW unit takes on DVD. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;5/26/95, Vol. 337 Issue 22, p8
Reports on two Time Warner Inc. companies' joint formation of a corporate unit to handle the manufacturing and marketing of digital videodiscs (DVD). Time Warner's deal with Toshiba to get a proprietary DVD to market before a rival DVD format can be introduced by Sony Corp. and Philips...
- In DVD's own. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the Digital Video Disc-Recordable (DVD-R) market as of July 1998. DVD-R as the slowest growing sector of the DVD market; Background on the DVD-R technology; Construction of DVD-R; Internal disc arrangement; DVD-R recording process; Optimum power control; Capacity limiting factors. ...
- DVD ready for prime time in the Big Three. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p33
Looks into the market potential of digital video discs (DVD) in the United States. Possibility of reaching critical mass by the 1998 Christmas season; Testing of DVD rentals at Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and other video chains; Marketing strategies.
- In the meantime... Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on developments on the digital versatile disk (DVD) market presented at Online Inc.'s DVD Professional conference held in February 1998 in Orlando, Florida. Features and price of Pioneer's DVD-V7200; Projections on the number of DVD-ROM-equipped personal computers by 2002.
- The DVD battle. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;9/2/95, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p84
Reports on the development of digital videodiscs (DVDs) by manufacturers in the United States. Features of the data systems from Super Density Alliance; Companies associated with the MultiMedia CD group; Development of the bonding technology.
- 2011 Profitability: Studio vs. Studio. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;2/24/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 7, p10
The article presents information on the financial performance of film studios in 2011. Time Warner Inc.'s filmed entertainment unit reported an increase of 15% in its profit for 2011 with the help of the success of the movie "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2." News Corp.'s filmed...
- WILL LION DASH FOR CASH? Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;9/6/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 3, p5
Discusses a deal between Time Warner and MGM regarding the sale of Kirk Kerkorian-owned studio in New York. Decline of the shares of the studio; Status of a rival bid for MGM from Sony; Observation of Wall Street analysts on the issue.