The developer's toolbox
- You Say You Think it Can't be Done? How to Produce "Perfect" Software. // Software Practitioner;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article offers tips for computer software professionals on developing a perfect software, with reference from the software developed for the Mars Lander, the spacecraft that landed on the planet Mars, which include the use of coding standards, error checking, and maintaining a backup.
- Developer Certifications: Joining the Mainstream. Von Schlag, Patrick // Certification Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p22
This article provides basic guidelines for computer software developers seeking certification. Get the tool, use it and get comfortable with it. The most important preparation step in any certification path is to install, configure and use the tool. Many vendors offer free or inexpensive...
- Turing School of Software & Design. // ColoradoBiz;2015 Special Edition, p90
The article focuses on Turing School of Software & Design, a seven-month program for software development.
- Protection One Mobile and Telcontar sign agreement. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p40
Reports the agreement between Protection One Mobile and Telcontar to assist the development of software for a powerful telematics server in the United States. Importance of the partnership in introducing third-generation telematics technology; Operation of the telematics server; Ability of the...
- Missed Opportunities. Weiner, Gene // PC FAB;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p22
Reports the display and demonstration of the latest development for the assembly industry of Apex in the U.S. Investigation of the synergy and economic benefit of collocating with IPC Printed Circuits Expo; Argument on the recession issue; Innovations.
- Software developers retool efforts. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p31
Focuses on the impact of the economic downturn on financial software companies. Move of Meta Group Inc. to reduce company cost; Decline of corporate technology spending; Dismissal of employees at Citigate Hudson Inc.
- Five steps to on-time software development. Kmetovics, Ronald Eugene // Electronic Design;10/3/94, Vol. 42 Issue 20, Engineering Software p16ES
Suggests five steps to on-time software development. Marketplace competitiveness; Organization of developmental process; Plan of sequences of products; Computation of project duration; Application of quantitative methods to tradeoff between development time and profitability; Use of database to...
- Implementing the Capability of Maturity Model for software development. Lowe, Douglas E.; Cox, Guy M. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Aug96, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p6
Discusses the implementation of the Capability Maturity Model for software development. Characteristics; Common features of key processes; Evaluation of software improvement practices; Methods for measuring progress; Key results and benefits.
- Evolutionary fusion: A customer-oriented incremental life cycle for fusion. Cotton, Todd // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Aug96, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p25
Describes the process of fusion, a method which breaks the software cycle in to smaller cycles and enabling customer input throughout the process. Role, benefits, design and implementation; Alternative to waterfall cycle; Mechanics of Evolutionary Development (EVO) method; Risks; Quality...
- The Evolutionary Development model for software. May, Elaine L.; Zimmer, Barbara A. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Aug96, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p39
Explores the software development method called Evolutionary Development (EVO). Division of development cycle into waterfall models; Benefits of EVO; Startup problems; Critical success factors; Key organizational roles; Key objectives. INSET: The software initiative program..