- Lucent intros new firewall. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;12/08/97, Vol. 233 Issue 23, p18
Reports on Lucent Technologies' launch of an Internet firewall designed to enable service providers to offer managed firewall services to multiple customers. Target service providers and distributed applications; Interesting features; Design specification.
- Intranets make sharing information easy. Brandwein, Rich; Fryer, Bronwyn // PCWorld;Aug1996, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p35
Reports on Lucent Technologies' use of its corporate intranet computer network. Background on the company's previous corporate network system; Advantages of using the intranet.
- Lucent Broadens Security Portfolio. Phillips, Barry // Business Communications Review;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p60
Evaluates the Lucent Virtual Private Network (VPN) Gateway 80, a VPN and firewall appliance for branch offices, from Lucent Technologies. Key features; How the product works; Advantages of the product.
- Lucent joins home networking crowd. // Electronic News;10/12/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2240, p64
Reports on Lucent Technologies Microelectronics Group's licensing of the Tut Systems HomeRun home networking technology. Plans to market a broad family of communications chips for the home networking market; Indication of the company's commitment to define the next-generation of home phone line...
- Lucent to expand Web-based tech support to entire line. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;09/06/99, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
Details the plan of Lucent Technologies Inc. to expand its Web-based support services for its customers. Purpose of developing the expansion named, eSight; Other companies offering support online.
- Lucent Makes 3G Splash. // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p28
Reports on the third-generation (3G) computer network equipment released by Lucent Technologies Inc. with partner Sun Microsystems Inc. 3G standards used in the devices.
- Lucent looks to the future of networks. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;09/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p35
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has laid out a vision of a next-generation computer network that will link voice and data infrastructures across a high-bandwidth core. Lucent's compliance with conditions for its spin-off from AT&T; Launch of optical amplifiers that transmit 40 gigabytes...
- Lucent beefs up data networking strategy. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;09/22/97, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p14
Comments on the introduction of a backbone switch for the Internet service providers from Lucent Technologies Incorporated, and their plans for a wide range of data products to serve and service providers and corporations. Features of company's data networking equipment; Comments from Harry...
- Addressing the core issue. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;06/04/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 23, p40
Reports on the plan of Lucent Technologies to launch MSC 25000, a multiservice core switch designed for providers wanting to offer more revenue-generating services while migrating to a converged network. Features; Architecture of MSC 25000; Benefits.