Authoring/developing software tools
- A paperless world. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on the implementation of a secure, Internet-based service called A-D Net. Allowance of communications between A-D's staff, it's distributor's affiliates, vendors and their reps; Cutting of A-D's monthly mailing costs by half; Additions to the system, including features to aid...
- Fluke floats software. Chapman, Kimberly // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the release of Network Inspector by Fluke Electronics Canada Incorporated into the software market. Indication that Fluke is known primarily for its LANMeter network test hardware; Features of the Network Inspector; Comments from John McConnell, president of McConnell Consulting...
- Open text informs enterprise. Neshevich, Carol // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p25
Features Livelink Version 8.0 from Open Text Corporation. Examination of Livelink from three workspaces; Indepth look at the aims of Version 8.0; Comments from senior vice president of marketing and cooperative development for the Waterloo, Ontario, Canada based company.
- Cognos ships SAP query tool. Gruske, Carolyn // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p25
Features the Cognos Accelerator for SAP, a support user tool from Cognos Incorporated. Aims of the system; Comments from Brigette Haynes, director of business development at Cognos.
- Netscape's helpers. Eddy, Andy // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p1
Presents information on the computer software Communicator Version 5.0, from the Netscape Communications Corporation, which is manufactured under the name of Mozilla. What Mozilla contributors are working on; Response of Netscape to the Internet Explorer browser from the Microsoft Corporation;...
- Bay reveals more Optivity 9.0 details. Duffy, Jim // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p17
Presents information on the computer software Optivity Version 9.0, by Bay Networks Incorporated. Features of the software; Information on an application included in the software; Benefits of the software to users; Price of the software.
- Novasoft puts JavaBeans to work. // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p33
Presents information on the computer software Novation, from Novasoft Systems Incorporated. Features of the software; How the software will operate; Prices of the software; Comments from Anne Thomas, an analyst with the Patrica Seybold Group company.
- Compaq boosts Web-based enterprise management app. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the claims of Compaq Computer Corporation, in relation to Insight Manager XE server management software being a Web-based Enterprise Management (WBEM)-compliant product. Background information on WBEM; Components of WBEM; When will Insight Manager XE be available; Contact point for...
- Concord boosts remote mgmt. software. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p19
States that the network performance reporting software called Network Health-Remote Access was introduced by Concord Communications Incorporated. Features of the software; Functions of the software; Cost of the software; Contact point for Concord. INSET: Evaluating netork health.