CDnow acquires custom-CD provider superSonic BOOM
- CDnow acquires custom-CD co. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;06/13/98, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p10
Reports that CDnow, an online music retailer, has added a branch to its music operations. What customers will be allowed to do because of this; Why CDnow decided to terminate a stock offer; How it acquired the manufacturer superSonic BOOM; CDnow's brief history; SuperSonic BOOM's Julie...
- Audio CD-On-Demand case study. MacMillan, Reed // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p58
Features Virginia-based superSonic BOOM, a compact disc duplicating firm. Focus on the company's Web site which enables users to create custom audio CDs; Company background.
- Sound system lets music fans customize CDs. Fisher, Eric // Insight on the News;10/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p40
Focuses on the use of customized compact discs (CDs) to rejuvenate the music industry while highlighting the SuperSonic BOOM company in Arlington, Virginia. Identification of several CD companies who have filed for bankruptcy; Information on the SuperSonic; Founders of the company; Comments...
- Controversial custom CD patent licensed by SuperSonic BOOM. // Information Today;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the SuperSonic BOOM company and its signing of an agreement with Ergon Technology Associates for a United States patent. What this patent covers; Name of online magazine which reported on the agreement; Detailed information on this patent.
- CDnow's Web site now offers video. Olson, Catherine Apple // Billboard;6/08/96, Vol. 108 Issue 23, p94
Reports on online service CDnow's addition of a 35,000-video database to its product offerings. Accessing the film database; CDnow's plan to debut a separate home page called Movienow; Efforts by the service to work with one-stops to fulfill distribution of its video product.
- @Business. // Inter@ctive Week;12/08/97, Vol. 4 Issue 43, p69
Reports on the $60 million initial public offering filed for by CDnow Incorporated. Information on the revenue amassed by the company; Examination of the investment funding secure by Deja News Incorporation from Internet Capital Group; Information on the money obtained from existing investors.
- CDnow, N2K face off with $60m IPO war chests. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;02/16/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p12
Looks at CDnow Incorporated and its competition in the music industry. Reference to CDnow celebrating its birthday on February 12, 1998; Information on offers which were made; Who CDnow was founded by; Comments from Manish Shah, publisher of the IPO Maven newsletter; Other information.
- CDnow plays record labels for revenue boost. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;06/22/98, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p12
Reports that CDnow Incorporated, is targeting cooperative advertising dollars from record labels as a source of revenue. Statement made by Jason Olim, president and chief executive officer of CDnow; What cooperative advertising refers to; Financial information on the company.
- Custom carols. Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;12/22/97, Vol. 123 Issue 24, p37
Reports that online music company superSonicBoom is selling made-to-order compact discs on the Web for the 1997 holiday season. Cost; Contact point; Number of offerings available.