Class action suit brought against Philips
- 3-D trade marks. Chahil, Ravinder // Brand Strategy;Aug2002, Issue 162, p34
Examines a trademark infringement dispute between Philips Electronics NV and Remington Consumer Products Ltd. filed in Great Britain. Facts of the case; Claims and contentions of the opposing parties; Laws relevant to the case.
- Justice settles suit against Sony, Philips. Newman, Melinda // Billboard;7/20/96, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the settlement of Justice Records' copyright infringement lawsuits filed against Sony and Philips. Case background; Lawsuit's allegations; Terms of the settlement.
- NETHERLANDS XENON DISPUTE. // Cinema Technology;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the court ruling regarding the misleading advertisement of xenon manufacturer Ushio Europe B.V. and electronics firm Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.'s Philips HeliosÂ® Xenon in Netherlands. The court ruled that the company made misleading statements in advertising...
- Masimo Wins Court Battle Over Patent. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;5/25/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that Irvine, California-based patient monitoring equipment maker Masimo Corp. has won the patent infringement case it filed against Philips Electronics North American Corp. and Philips Medizin Systeme Boblingen GmbH, subsidiaries of electronics firm Royal Philips Electronics NV.
- Furnace makers target plastic vent pipe failures. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Jun97, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p1
Reports on a lawsuit filed in Massachusetts against several manufacturers of plastic vent pipes by a number of furnace makers. Furnace manufacturers' claims against the manufacturers of these pipes; Charges of the lawsuit.
- Courts Challenged On Approval Of Class Action Suit Certifications Despite Geographic Diversities. // Insurance Advocate;3/31/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the efforts of Washington Legal Foundation to induce the Oklahoma Supreme Court to limit the certification of class action lawsuits despite geographic diversities. Application of the Michigan Law; Avoidance of the trial judge in unmanageability problem.
- `Sprawling' asbestos class loses certification. Goodman III, William F. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p633
Discusses class actions on asbestos litigation under Rule 23. Requisites of Rule 23; Implications of the over-all tone of Justice Ginsburg's opinion; Heightening of the settlements standard.
- Tide turning for medical monitoring class actions? // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p154
Discusses a case which demonstrated the unsettled nature of the law governing certification of medical monitoring class actions. Article written by D. Jeffrey Campbell and Anne K. No in the newsletter of the Toxic and Hazardous Substances Litigation; Details of the `Arch versus American Tobacco...
- An epistemological approach to class certification: A classy understanding of the problems of... Protos, Michael C. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall92, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1297
Examines issues related to class certification in class action litigation. Common law adjudication and class actions; Theories of interest; Determination of appropriateness of class treatment; Analysis of judicial decisions.