- Easy CD Creator 5: A Software Smorgasbord. Jacobi, Jon L. // PC World;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p73
Reviews the computer software Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, from Roxio. Pros; Cons; List price; Cost of upgrade; Company contact points.
- OUT WITH THE OLD. // Your Church;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p25
The article focuses on the advent of compact discs (CDs) for recording sound. CDs have replaced old compact cassettes. Recording on a CD remove hiss and noise. Compressors are tools that can be used for recording on a CD as it brings down high levels and do not affect low levels. There are...
- Sound Factory Groove Construction kit. Patton, Christopher // Electronic Musician;Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p142
Reviews the Groove Construction Kit compact disc. Cost of the product; Inclusion of a variety of Ensoniq samplers; Quality of sound on the product.
- Quick picks. // Electronic Musician;Jul99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p200
Presents various products for sound recording and reproducing. Includes Ilio Entertainment's TransFusion compact disc; Shane Etter's Kurweil K2000/K2500 sound subscriptions; Guitar Center's Synchroloops compact disc and CD-ROM.
- CD-Recorder Pool Grows; MD Portables Get Long-Play. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p92
Reports on the growth of compact disc recorders and MiniDisc portables in the United States. Inclusions of the CD-recorder selection; Companies launching the first portable player/recorders equipped with MiniDisc Long Play (MDLP); Recording modes of the MDLP; Sales of the CD-R products.
- Network storage's new safe haven. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on networked compact disc recording products. Includes Smart Storage's SmartCD; UNIX-based UltraStudio; IXOS Jukeman file system for jukebox systems.
- The speed of sound. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Addresses the safety of high-speed compact disc (CD)-audio recording. How errors are detected and corrected; Details on Cross Interleaved Reed Solomon Code used in CD; How errors occur; Block Error Rate as indicator of overall disc quality.
- Quick picks. // Electronic Musician;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p166
Features various sound recording and reproducing equipment and supplies, including Tascam's DA-45HR digital audio tape machine, Best Service's `XX-Large Pads' audio compact discs and East West/MZone's `Groovemasters Drums' compact discs.
- PRIMERA TECHNOLOGY BRAVO DISC PUBLISHER. Cutler, Marty // Electronic Musician;Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on compact discs recorder developed by Primera Technology Inc.