Don't throw out your old PC yet!
- On the mark, off target. Anderberg, Ken // Communications News;Sep2000, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p4
Presents the predictions of research firm International Data Corp. (IDC) on the networking and telecommunication sector. Overview on Internet stocks; Reason behind the decline in the use of `com' as suffix for company names; Other IDC predictions.
- Double-Digit PC Growth In 2003: IDC. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/23/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p36
The 2003 worldwide PC shipment forecast of International Data Corp. (IDC) has the U.S. consumer market enjoying double-digit growth through the end of the year, while the commercial channel will continue to lag. IDC is projecting 18.7 million units to ship into the consumer segment this year, a...
- Do the numbers add up to an intoxicated Internet facing a hangover? Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;3/11/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p55
Comments on the impending collapse of the Internet. Predictions from International Data Corp.; Anticipation of disappointing financial results among Internet companies; Emergence of cheap Internet appliances; Decline in Internet index as a result of the growth of World Wide Web pages.
- IDC Outlook. // Software World;Jan2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p23
The article focuses on the forecasts of International Data Corp. (IDC) regarding the solid state drive (SSD) industry which includes the pricing which continues to be a key metric for SSD adoption, computers that would bring the biggest market opportunity for SSD and SSDs that would accompany...
- Wait 'Til Next Year! Buetow, Mike // PC FAB;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the decline in the global sales of electronics manufacturing services in 2002, according to industry market research firm International Data Corp. Forecast on industry recovery; Prediction on outsourcing among original equipment manufacturer; Outlook for telecommunication and...
- Linux juggernaut. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p45
Shares forecast made by the International Data Corp. that Linux may become the operating system of choice in the future. Increased popularity of Gnome and KDE; Potential for businesses to base their desktops on Linux.
- Studies dissect European wireless market. Larson, Lisa // RCR;06/01/98, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p30
Reports on the expected growth of the cellular service in the Western European market according to a report from International Data Corporation (IDC). Comments made by Guila Ranacati, a research analyst in European Wireless and Mobile Communications research for IDC; How many cellular...
- It changes in 1998. Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;02/02/98, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the 1998 predictions given by the International Data Corp. on the sales growth of online commerce industries in United States. Other important prognostications.
- Linux juggernaut. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p31
Focuses on the International Data Corp.'s forecasts for the Linux operating system. Key factors that will drive Linux's popularity; Potential for businesses.