- Traditional American Crafts. // Early American Homes;Aug99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p28
Presents a selection of American crafts selected by the Traditional American Crafts. How these furniture were selected; Judges; Descriptions of how these furniture were made; How to get in touch with the makers of the furniture.
- The Selective Eye. Polson, Mary Ellen // Old-House Interiors;Mar2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p44
Presents guidelines in purchasing period furnishings through auctions in the U.S. Information on online auction divisions; Advantages of live auctions; Details on bidding strategies.
- Furniture. // Interior Design;05/31/97, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p50
Presents furniture available in the United States as of May 1997. List prices; Contact information.
- market. Frankel, Elana // Interior Design;Feb2001, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p86
Features upholstery fabrics and furniture in the United States. Designs of the expanded drapery line of Rodolph; Release of Zoser, a series of tables from HAF; Availability of casement and upholstery fabrics from Sahco Hesslein/Bergamo.
- In the news. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb95, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on wood manufacturing companies in the United States. Blackhawk Furniture of Riverside, California named to the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies; Amount of zones the administration of American President Bill Clinton has chosen as empowerment zones; Details...
- Continuity and innovation. Talbott, Page // Magazine Antiques;May2002, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p124
Focuses on the changes in the design of furniture in the U.S. Response of the workers on the desire of the consumers for comfortable and movable furniture; Aim of creating a constituent furniture; Concerns of the designers of the 19th century for comfort seating furniture.
- The American sofa table. Zimmerman, Philip D. // Magazine Antiques;May99, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p744
Provides historical data on the American sofa table. Reference for the form of the American sofa table; Differences between the sofa table and the pembroke table; Uses of the sofa table; Features of the sofa table's pedestal bases; Details on the design of the frames and tops of sofa tables;...
- a trio of benefits. // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, Special section p4
Cites the benefits of warranty programs in U.S. furniture sale. Profitability of the programs; Experimentation of the programs.
- The sewing table. Rosenkrantz, Linda // American Heritage;Oct94, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p30
Discusses the era of the sewing table in American history. Furniture during the Federal period; Sewing during the Colonial period; Martha Washington and needlework; Origin of the lady's worktable; Picture of a sewing table made in Boston between 1800 and 1810.
- Comfortable Acadian Style. Jernigan, Sarah // Southern Living;Spring2002 Special Issue, Vol. 37, p104
Focuses on the Acadian style of porches in southern U.S. Use of wood materials; Types of furnitures; Comfortability of the area.