The DEW Line Sea Lane Project
- ARCTIC 50 YEARS AGO. // Arctic;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p316
Presents significant events related to Arctic research in 1952. Meeting of the board of governors of the Arctic Institute of North America (AINA); Award given to Patrick D. Baird, director of the Montreal office of the AINA for his explorations of the Canadian arctic.
- Icy prospects for a warmer world. Davidson, Garry // New Scientist;8/8/92, Vol. 135 Issue 1833, p23
Focuses on the interplay between ice sheets and sea levels and how this shows up in the geologic record. Evidence of Hypsithermal warming; Factors that contribute to the sea level; Explanation of why the sea level rise slowed down 6,000 years ago.
- Algae tell of Arctic's ice-free past. Hecht, Jeff // New Scientist;4/10/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1868, p16
Presents findings of a study on the warming of the Arctic Ocean by of Swedish geologist Gunilla Gard. Melting of large parts of the central Arctic Ocean during the past 7000 years; Evidences from fossil algae in shallow cores of sediment from the center of the Arctic; Dating fossils; Comments...
- The polar vortex. // Popular Science;Nov84, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p72
Tracking volcano's exhaust. A NASA research team flies due north, deep into the arctic night and makes three discoveries: the polar vortex is cleansing itself with remarkable speed; the Soviet-generated Siberian haze may extend farther than was suspected; and a huge, rare cloud may blanket the...
- The Spirit of the Arctic and the Next Generation of Arctic Researchers. Sturm, Matthew // Arctic;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, pIii
Discusses the field of Arctic research. Question of who will be the next generation of Arctic researchers; Lifelong commitment of those who had fallen under the 'spell of the Arctic'; Drop in field time due to improvements in transportation; Development of a class of researchers among whom some...
- PAPERS TO APPEAR IN ARCTIC. // Arctic;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p326
Lists research papers which are slated to appear in the journal 'Arctic.' 'Control of Biological Exposure to UV Radiation in the Arctic Ocean: Comparison of the Roles of Ozone and Riverine Dissolved Organic Matter,' by J.A.E. Gibson, W.F. Vincent, B. Nieke and R. Pienitz; 'Variability of Arctic...
- PAPERS TO APPEAR IN ARCTIC. // Arctic;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p90
Lists research papers slated to appear in the journal 'Arctic.' 'Satellite Tracking of Eastern Chukchi Sea Beluga Whales into the Arctic Ocean,' by R.S. Suydam, L.F. Lowry, K.J. Frost, G.M. O'Corry-Crowe and D. Pikok Jr.; 'Summer and Autumn Movements of Belugas of the Eastern Beaufort Sea Stock'...
- PAPERS TO APPEAR IN ARCTIC. // Arctic;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p204
Lists research articles on the Arctic region received by the editors of the periodical 'Arctic,' as of June 2002. 'Photographic Key for the Microhistological Identification of Some Arctic Vascular Plants,' by S. Carriere; 'Aberrant Radiocarbon Dates on an Inuit Arrowhead,' by D.E. Nelson and R....
- PAPERS TO APPEAR IN ARCTIC. // Arctic;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p309
Lists research papers on the Arctic region, received by the editors of the periodical 'Arctic,' as of September 2002. 'Search for Barents: Evaluation of Possible Burial Sites on North Novaya Zemlya, Russia,' by J. Zeeberg, P.M. Floore, G.J.R. Maat and J.H. Gawronski.