Facts, figures, & findings
- School's in for interactive programs. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p78
Focuses on the emergence of edutainment interactive software programs incorporating educational material into an entertainment environment to capture the children's market. Content developers' multiplexing of intellectual properties across software platforms; Strengths of Ingenius online...
- Buy or rent information? Crain, Keith // Advertising Age;8/29/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p36
Opinion. Comments on the fast evolution of information technology. Eight-track tapes; Compact disc video player; Buying or renting information on CD-ROM; Technology becoming obsolete and inefficient with the advent of newer ones.
- SilverPlatter To Release Compu-Info On CD-ROM. // Information Today;Jun1987, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p4
This article discusses the plans of SilverPlatter to release Compu-Info database on CD-ROM in July 1987. The Compu-Info database, produced by Computer Review of Lexington, Massachusetts, contains specifics on 12,000 current computer products from 1,500 companies worldwide. The file is organized...
- CD-ROM database update. // CD-ROM Databases;Jan2000, p1
Reports updates on CD-ROM databases in the United States available as of January 2000. Changes and additions to databases; List of CD-ROM titles.
- Other high-speed drives move to market. // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p20
Presents three computer companies that release a disc drive. Maverick 16X dual mode compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) drive from Optics Storage Ltd.; CD-ROM drive from Samsung Electronics America; Compro CD-ROM drive from ACS Innovations Inc.
- Preservation, Conservation, and Copyright Infringement. Ojala, Marydee // Online;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p5
Talks about the benefits and disadvantages of information technology. Consequences of digitizing information; Use of CD-ROM by librarians; Paradox of technology.
- MOZART, FORD AND THE INFORMATION-SUPERHIGHWAY PARADOX. Balaban, Alexandru T. // American Scientist;May/Jun97, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p207
Focuses on the issue regarding the increase in the production of information through information technology, and the inability of potential users to afford and use it. Background on the chemical information indexed by the Chemical Abstracts Service; Significance of the CD-ROM and the Internet;...
- Company news. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p20
Presents developments concerning the CD-ROM and related industries as of October 1995. Adaptec's acquisition of Future Domain and Incat Systems; Venture between America Online and Hachette Filpacchi Magazines; Merger between Broderbund and Learning Co. through stock swap; Virgin Sound and...
- My life in multimedia: Part II. Freeman, Michael // Photo District News;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p50
Part II. Discusses the author's experiences during the start of his multimedia company. Challenges of the multimedia business; Increasing demand for CD-ROMs; Increasing number of CD-ROM titles being published in the United States; Difficulty of marketing CD-ROMs effectively; Steps in marketing...