WBT and CBT: The urge to merge?
- Calif. clearinghouse takes steps closer to fruition; SIIA seeks publisher input. // Electronic Education Report;02/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p5
Reports that the California Department of Education has approved the implementation of a clearinghouse mechanism for all technology-based instructional materials.
- E-Textbook, Electronic Curriculum Appear On Several State Adoption Lists For The First Time. // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the inclusion of electronic reading and grammar programs on the approved lists of instructional materials in several textbook adoption states in the United States in spring 2001.
- Seek Improvement. // Online Classroom;Aug2006, p1
The article offers several techniques on how to improve online teaching.
- WebQuest: A Strategy for teaching SOSE Online. Faichney, Gavin // Ethos 7-12;2002 Term 1, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
Summarizes the process involved in the development of WebQuests, a strategy for teaching and implementing online learning experience for students. Goal of the introduction; Aim of the task; Purpose of the process section.
- Can CAL biology packages be used to replace the teacher? Phillips, T.; Moss, G.D. // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Autumn93, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p213
Evaluates the effectivity of Computer-Assisted Learning (CAL) biology packages at achieving content objectives from pupils' independent use. Comparison with text-based teaching strategies; Methodology; Results of pre- and post-testing of CAL materials; CAL medium as teaching aids rather than...
- Editor's Note. Chiodo, John J. // Action in Teacher Education;Winter2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an article that describes how a web-based professional development system was used to provide beginning teachers with opportunities to reflect on their belief, an article which examines preservice teachers' perceptions...
- Primax Group Launches Web-Based Applications. // T H E Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the launch of Web-based educational applications for schools and teachers by The Primax Group. Web Manager 3.0; Curriculum Mapper; MyLesson Builder.
- Computers: The Secrets For Classroom Success. // NEA Today;Oct99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on a study which examined the benefits of computer-aided instruction in the United States. Importance of the study; Consequences of the integration of technology into the teaching process; Changes brought by technology. INSET: How Wise Is Your District?.
- Got a Question? Ask Jeeves. // NEA Today;Oct99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Presents tips shared by teachers on computer-assisted instruction. Use of the Web search engine Ask Jeeves; Online research on female mathematicians; Tips for teaching spreadsheets and graphs.