- AES preview. // Pro Sound News;Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p50
Previews products in the sound recording industry in the United States. QSound Labs major upgrade to its QSYS/TDM; Sabine's introduction of the FBX-2020; Other information.
- Fingering front-loading: Trays versus caddies for CD recording. Starrett, Robert A. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p115
Focuses on compact disc recording media and compact disc recorders. Manufacturers' efforts to forestall problems from contaminated media; Implementation of Running Optimum Power Calibration; Tray-loading luxuries and liabilities.
- CD recordable drives. Rapoza, Jim // PC Week;4/25/94, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p110
Lists several compact disc recordable drives. Company; Product; Ship date; System compatibility; Interfaces supported; SCSI host adapter; Formatted capacities; Average access time; Disk spin rate; Data-transfer rate; Cache size; Compact disc formats supported; Disk formatting specification...
- Aspen to upgrade DA-88 software free. Moss, Caroline // Pro Sound News;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p10
Reports that digital recording and control system specialist, Aspen, is making available Tascam's upgraded version 4 software for the DA-88 at no cost. Improvements made to the software; Recommended service interval.
- Hum and noise in professional audio systems. Miller, Franklin J. // Electronics Now;Feb96, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p64
Suggests ways of eliminating hum and noise in audio systems. Causes of the problem; Glossary of common audio terms listed.
- New ADAT for AES. Ward, Phil // Pro Sound News;Mar97, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Presents information on the Meridian, an ADAT Type II-format digital multitrack recorder, aimed at providing high-end professional applications. How Meridian operates; What is expected of the Meridian; Additional information on the system.
- Audio for the next generation. Goodyer, Tim // Pro Sound News;Mar97, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p34
Looks at the implementation of the first 24-bit, 96kHz periphonic recording. What the equipment line-up included; Features of the 96kHz; Details on the impetus the development of DVD has given to audio recording; Views of experts in the audio equipment industry.
- Eurosounds. Schoepe, Zenon // Billboard;10/19/96, Vol. 108 Issue 42, p53
Presents news briefs regarding equipment orders from the professional audio industry in Europe for October 1996. Audio stations ordered by Radio dla Cieble in Warsaw, Poland; The order a broadcast truck by Swiss broadcaster TSI; The ordering of a subsidiary of Siemens Sound and Light of...
- The studios behind Billboard's singular hits do it with service, gear and atmosphere. Farinella, David John // Billboard;10/04/97, Vol. 109 Issue 40, p56
Focuses on the studios that produce the hit songs. Nashville, Tennessee's Emerald's production of sever number one singles; Variety of equipment necessary; Positive environment provided by the Hit Factory in New York City; Comments from engineers.