- What Happens When Two Guys Ditch Their Fears And Try Yoga. BIELER, DES; PLUNKETT, MIKE // News India Times;6/26/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the authors' experience of trying yoga with help of instructor Michael Peterson.
- The Rush To Become A Yoga Instructor. Ehrenfreund, Max // News India Times;9/11/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses a report by Rachel Bachman of the "Wall Street Journal," which reveals that an increasing number of Americans are signing up to become yoga instructors, with the number of yogis registering with trade group Yoga Alliance increasing at an annual rate of 18 percent since 2008.
- Drop and Give Me 20 Downward-Facing Dogs. Kotansky, Heidi // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p21
Focuses on Anita Doberman's career as a yoga teacher at the Beale Air Force Base in Yuba City, California. Offer of yoga teaching to military personnel on active duty, military spouses and retirees on the base; Benefits of yoga; Preconceptions about yoga.
- YOGA DIARY. Isaacs, Nora // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p22
Relates the significance of yoga for a public school teacher in the U.S. Application of the asana practice in the classroom; Need for yoga and teaching to be done with meticulous care; Recognition of physical limitations.
- Camilla Bergstrom. // Yoga Journal;Jul/Aug2004, Issue 182, p24
Profiles yoga instructor Camilla Bergstrom in Hollywood. Career history; Personality as a yoga teacher; Passion for yoga.
- Breathing HR Deeply. Andors, Alice // HR Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p134
The article presents a brief profile of yoga instructor Kate Barnes.
- Making the Grade. Castleman, Michael // Yoga Journal;Dec2002, Issue 171, p91
Profiles yoga teacher Tony Sanchez. Career history; Interest in yoga; Yoga techniques he taught to his students; Views on how to convince yoga teachers to bring yoga into more schools.
- On the Bank of the Ganges. Sexton, Dakota // Yoga International;Winter2010/2011, Issue 112, p76
The article offers information regarding the yoga training program for teachers at the Himalayan Institute's Allahabad campus, India.
- Yoga Diplomacy. Ruiz, Fernando Pages // Yoga Journal;Nov2001, Issue 163, p77
Focuses on the yoga community of Cuba which flourished through an exchange by a group of dedicated American yoga teachers. Purpose for the promotion of yoga in Cuba by Los Angeles-based yoga teacher Purusha Hickson; Efforts of Hickson's group the International Black Yoga Teachers to explore...