- Drop and Give Me 20 Downward-Facing Dogs. Kotansky, Heidi // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p21
Focuses on Anita Doberman's career as a yoga teacher at the Beale Air Force Base in Yuba City, California. Offer of yoga teaching to military personnel on active duty, military spouses and retirees on the base; Benefits of yoga; Preconceptions about yoga.
- YOGA DIARY. Isaacs, Nora // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p22
Relates the significance of yoga for a public school teacher in the U.S. Application of the asana practice in the classroom; Need for yoga and teaching to be done with meticulous care; Recognition of physical limitations.
- Camilla Bergstrom. // Yoga Journal;Jul/Aug2004, Issue 182, p24
Profiles yoga instructor Camilla Bergstrom in Hollywood. Career history; Personality as a yoga teacher; Passion for yoga.
- Breathing HR Deeply. Andors, Alice // HR Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p134
The article presents a brief profile of yoga instructor Kate Barnes.
- YOGA NOW. Budig, Kathryn // Women's Health (08847355);Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p63
The article presents questions and answers related to yoga including whether it is bad to hold postures for longer than one minute and whether it is better to take all yoga classes with the same teacher.
- Making the Grade. Castleman, Michael // Yoga Journal;Dec2002, Issue 171, p91
Profiles yoga teacher Tony Sanchez. Career history; Interest in yoga; Yoga techniques he taught to his students; Views on how to convince yoga teachers to bring yoga into more schools.
- On the Bank of the Ganges. Sexton, Dakota // Yoga International;Winter2010/2011, Issue 112, p76
The article offers information regarding the yoga training program for teachers at the Himalayan Institute's Allahabad campus, India.
- 4 WAYS TO SPOT A GREAT YOGA CLASS. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2003, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p292
Presents ways to spot a great yoga class in the U.S. Importance of having a qualified yoga teacher; Participation in a class before signing up; Number of people in the class.
- Yoga Diplomacy. Ruiz, Fernando Pages // Yoga Journal;Nov2001, Issue 163, p77
Focuses on the yoga community of Cuba which flourished through an exchange by a group of dedicated American yoga teachers. Purpose for the promotion of yoga in Cuba by Los Angeles-based yoga teacher Purusha Hickson; Efforts of Hickson's group the International Black Yoga Teachers to explore...