- Yoga Diplomacy. Ruiz, Fernando Pages // Yoga Journal;Nov2001, Issue 163, p77
Focuses on the yoga community of Cuba which flourished through an exchange by a group of dedicated American yoga teachers. Purpose for the promotion of yoga in Cuba by Los Angeles-based yoga teacher Purusha Hickson; Efforts of Hickson's group the International Black Yoga Teachers to explore...
- Making the Grade. Castleman, Michael // Yoga Journal;Dec2002, Issue 171, p91
Profiles yoga teacher Tony Sanchez. Career history; Interest in yoga; Yoga techniques he taught to his students; Views on how to convince yoga teachers to bring yoga into more schools.
- Drop and Give Me 20 Downward-Facing Dogs. Kotansky, Heidi // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p21
Focuses on Anita Doberman's career as a yoga teacher at the Beale Air Force Base in Yuba City, California. Offer of yoga teaching to military personnel on active duty, military spouses and retirees on the base; Benefits of yoga; Preconceptions about yoga.
- YOGA DIARY. Isaacs, Nora // Yoga Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Issue 176, p22
Relates the significance of yoga for a public school teacher in the U.S. Application of the asana practice in the classroom; Need for yoga and teaching to be done with meticulous care; Recognition of physical limitations.
- Shelter from the Storm. Khazzoom, Loolwa // Yoga Journal;Dec2003, Issue 178, p20
Focuses on the career of yoga teacher Tsipi Weiner in Israel. Commitment to teach people the benefits of yoga; Role in the survival and healing of yoga students; Emphasis on asanas.
- Practicing in a Parallel Universe. Govea, Boomer // Yoga Journal;Dec2003, Issue 178, p21
Focuses on the career of yoga instructor Aruna Fjastad in Santa Monica, California. Aim in developing "Hang 'N Yoga" routine; Career history; Yoga techniques.
- Hala Khouri. Govea, Boomer // Yoga Journal;Dec2003, Issue 178, p30
Profiles yoga instructor Hala Khouri in Los Angeles, California. Educational background; Yoga trainings taken; Career history.
- Seeking the Inner Mensch. Reder, Alan // Yoga Journal;Dec2003, Issue 178, p65
Profiles yoga instructor Alan Morinis in Toronto, Ontario. Career history; Educational background; Objective in teaching Mussar. INSET: A Taste of Mussar.
- On the Bank of the Ganges. Sexton, Dakota // Yoga International;Winter2010/2011, Issue 112, p76
The article offers information regarding the yoga training program for teachers at the Himalayan Institute's Allahabad campus, India.