The developer's toolbox
- Harlequin production. // TVB Europe;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p45
Features the Panoptica software from Harlequin company for video post production. How the software works.
- The classes of authoring programs. Kozel, Kathy // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
Provides information on several types of authoring programs. Web Authoring Tools; Several ways of classifying authoring tools; Ideal cross-platform authoring preference; Top advantage of computer based training (CBT)-specific tools from other class of authoring programs; Three authoring tools...
- The roles & rules of authoring run time. Kroeker, Kirk L. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p46
Reports on Macromedia's announcement on June 6, 1994 that runtime licenses for Authorware Professional and Director for the Windows and Macintosh platforms would be royalty-free. Technology issues on speed, architecture and platform of authoring programs; Way of keeping cost down when using...
- Code snobs and the means to an end. Kozel, Kathy // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p60
Comments on the credibility of authoring tools in a multimedia project. Why the Director tops the censored list of words in a multimedia project; Why the credibility of authoring tools has grown; Difference between Java and Director.
- QTVR Tools in the Pipeline. Gowan, Michael // Macworld;Nov98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p29
Discusses a new generation of QuickTime VR (QTVR) authoring tools as of September 1998. Enroute's QuickStitch; Live Picture's PhotoVista; Interactive Pictures' Ipix; Squamish Media Group's VRchitect; More; Features; Price; Company contact information.
- Authoring Tools. Ellis, Ryann K. // Training & Development;Apr2001, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p71
Assesses several authoring software. Quest 6.0; ToolBook II Instructor 8; Trainersoft 7 Professional; Web Learning Studio.
- Broadcast Pix. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p70
The article offers brief information on Mica live video production system from Broadcast Pix Inc.
- Sigma lowers MPEG editing costs. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;3/6/95, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p40
Reports on Sigma Designs Inc.'s release of its ReelMagic Producer, a software package for producing and editing video applications. Product features; Retail price; Drop in prices of motion picture experts group encoding products.
- FileMaker Does Video. Bortman, Henry // Macworld;Dec1998, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p117
Discusses using the FileMaker database software as a video postproduction tool. How a database can help in the production of video; Defining database fields; Logging and selecting video clips; Printing index cards and selecting clips; Exporting the batch-capture list; Importing the list into...