News from the daily planet: Quark takes mTropolis
- Quark acquires MFactory. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;05/26/97, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the agreement between Quark and MFactory for a Quark-affiliated company to purchase the assets of MFactory. Retention of MFactory's headquarters in Burlingame, California.
- Quark in a buying mood. Abes, Cathy // Macworld;Aug1997, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p31
Reports that Quark intends to purchase mFactory, maker of the multimedia package mTropolis. Details limited.
- Quark acquires MFactory tool firm. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p26
Reports on Quark's agreement to acquire the assets of MFactory. Products marketed by MFactory; Synergy between the two companies.
- MFactory touts cross-platform authoring. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;2/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p24
Reports on MFactory's launch of its MTropolis object-oriented tool for creating cross-platform multimedia titles that can be deployed on CD-ROMS or over the Internet. Features; Endorsement of product by developers; Investment from Adobe Ventures.
- MFactory introduces mTropolis development software. // CD-ROM Professional;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p102
Reports on multimedia tools company mFactory's introduction of mTropolis, its multimedia development tool targeted at high-end production standards. Scalable core technology mFusion as mTropolis' basis; Beta Testers.
- MFactory speeds multimedia development. Belleville, Laureen // Computer Graphics World;Jul95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p10
Features mFactory Inc.'s mTropolis software. Retail price; Components; Specifications; Capabilities.
- Object palette drives mFactory design package. Nadile, Lisa // PC Week;1/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the availability of the mTropolis interactive authoring package for Macintosh and Windows developed by multimedia software developer mFactory Inc. User benefits; Product features and capabilities; Price; Contact information.
- MFactory aims to re-direct authoring market with... // EMedia Professional;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p19
Announces the availability of `mTropolis' multimedia authoring tool to registered users of `Macromedia Director' according to mFactory. Price and savings upon purchase of the tool; Reasons for the `complementary upgrade' of the tools.
- MFactory rolls mTropolis 2.0 off line. // EMedia Professional;May97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p18
Introduces mTropolis 2.0, an object-oriented authoring software from mFactory for multimedia applications. Function and features of the authoring software; Enhancement done on the software; Price ranges of the software.