Web multimedia for the masses: Jamba 2.0 and ThingMaker debut
- Wow 'em in 3-d Brown, Karen // Planning;Aug1992, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p14
No abstract available.
- INNOVEDA ACHIEVES RECORD SHIPMENT OF DXDESIGNER. // CAD/CAM Update;Feb2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the shipment of browser-based engineering design computer software DxDesigner from Innoveda Inc.
- Why DFM? Boothroyd, Geoffrey // Design Engineering;Sep2001, p15
Focuses on the use of the Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) software on product design and development. Necessity of considering DFMA in the early design stage; Importance of analysis tools for estimating manufacturing cost; Popularity of DFMA in the design engineering industry.
- A lovely 3ï¿½piece suite. // Design Engineering;Nov2001, p48
Introduces Innovation Suite, a product suite for engineering designs included in IronCAD computer software. Description of the suite; Allocation on productivity improvements; Citations on the three main products offered.
- Analogue electronics no longer a black art. Kraemer, Andreas // Design Engineering;May2002, p15
Reports the benefits of software-configured analogue solutions for design engineering. Efficiency in design processes; Arrangement of analogue blocks in the form of matrix; Suitability for filtering, instrumentation and control applications.
- LapLink adds groupware functions to file transfer. Angus, Jeff . // InfoWorld;9/12/94, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p103
Elaborates the functions and features of Traveling Software Inc.'s LapLink for Windows. Comparison of the two LapLink models; List of connection types included with the model; Details about the remote-control feature, file transfer capability and the chat feature; Benefits to users; Price and...
- PXI for manufacturing test. // Electronics Weekly;Jul2002 Supplement, Issue 2059, p12
Explores the advantages of PXI systems and LabVIEW software for electronic design validation and manufacturing tests. Role of PXI in software development; Level of system throughput under PXI; Cost-effectiveness under PXI.
- Collaboration Tools at a Glance. // Technology & Learning;Apr2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p14
Assesses various collaboration tools. Comparison of price between LiveText and Blackboard; Advantage of WebCt on support for third-party applications; Limitation of Polycom Weboffice.
- Design Software Makes Passive Solar Easy. Chiras, Dan // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2002, Issue 191, p20
Focuses on the introduction of the Energy-10 software in Washington D.C. Analysis of passive-solar designs for energy performance; Creation of region-specific building designs; Disadvantages of Energy-10.