The warning signs
- HANGIN' TOUGH. Diener, Marc // Entrepreneur;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p72
Advises businessmen on how to become a good negotiator. Need of understanding the weaknesses or opportunities of a deal; Offering of a plausible explanation for resistance; Importance the power of concentration.
- California is golden for seeking multimedia jobs. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;11/4/96, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p37
Presents letters from readers to the author, on personal business problems.
- Women's wire is hot ticket to career change. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;02/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p33
Presents an advice column dealing with business. Question pertaining to a career in television.
- When you're afraid to quit because firm owes you. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;2/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p37
Presents an advice column on personal business-related issues. What action to take when you want to quit a company that owes you sales commission; How to overcome the stigma of changing jobs to soon.
- Smell the coffee: Advice columns go niche. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the need to continue the advice columns related to business in the 'Chicago Tribune' newspaper in Chicago, Illinois. Accessibility of business advice from other types of media; Implications of the death of columnist Eppie Lederer; Decline of the popularity of advice columns.
- Never shtop a drunk in his shtride. // Management Today;Sep97, p94
Presents an advice column, with topics relating to business related concerns. How to cope with a disgruntled employee who plans to reprimand top executives at his farewell party.
- Ask Annie. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;2/21/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p298
Offers question and advice in business predicaments and situations. Advice on relocating a job due to medical situations in the family; Length of time to wait for the response of a salary adjustment.
- Ask the Expert. // Northern Colorado Business Report;9/21/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p15
The article offers information on the advice columns in the journal wherein readers can take advantage on the recommendations of experts on business-related issues.
- Becoming a Venture Capitalist, Or a Civil Engineer. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;12/6/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p354
Presents advice to readers concerning their business-related queries. Advice on how to become a venture capitalist; Advice to a high school graduate on choosing between studies in business management and civil engineering.