Trouble in the next generation
- Foreign owned shares. Niekirk, Paul // Accountancy;Sep85, Vol. 96 Issue 1105, p16
Reports on a British court's decision concerning foreign owned share and the provisions of the Companies Act. Facts of the case; Key provisions of the laws used as bases for the court's ruling.
- Companies Act under review. Parry, Charlotte // Financial Management;Jul2003, p6
Focuses on the plan of the government to change the Companies Act 1985 in Europe. Effort of the government to amend the directive on fair-value accounting; Deadline for responses to the proposed dividends.
- SSAP 9 and the Companies Acts--impasse? Holgate, Peter // Accountancy;Apr1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1076, p19
Discusses two ways in which following the accounting standard on stocks and work-in-progress (SSAP 9) may be considered to conflict with the requirements of the Companies Acts 1948-1981, in respect of long-term contracts in Great Britain. Profit and loss account; Balance sheet treatment.
- GO Zone Free-for-All. DeSue, Tedra; Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32316, p1
The article reports on the implementation of the procedures for the bond authorization under Gulf Opportunity Zone Act in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The said bond authorization will be used in aid to the reconstruction of industrial firms in several parishes and counties in...
- Statutory instruments. // Accountancy;May82, Vol. 93 Issue 1065, p11
The article reports on statutory instruments in Great Britain. "SI 1982/297," provides rules regarding companies that reregisters as a public company under the Companies Act of 1980. "Draft Government Stock (Amendment) Regs 1982," amend the Government Stock Regulations 1965. The article also...
- The heavy hand of law. Leibler, Mark; James, David // BRW;11/13/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p51
Argues that a prescriptive approach to corporate governance will only inhibit financial performance and promote mediocrity in Australia. Political issues affecting the corporate governance debate in the country; Prescriptive rules that are being promulgated as the cornerstone of good corporate...
- Business Start Up scheme amended. // Accountancy;Aug1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1056, p30
Reports on the amendments made to the Business Start Up Scheme in the 1981 Finance Bill in Great Britain. Proposal to include 'ordinary' trades of wholesale and retail distribution; Proposal to reduce the 'de minimis' limit on the amount of investment in any one company in any one year on which...
- Jousting Over Stock-Option Expenses. Berlau, John // Business Journal (Central New York);11/12/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p29
Discusses stock options expenses in the U.S. Law and policy changes on stock options; Forecasts on the value of stock finance; Impact of stock option innovations on entrepreneurship.
- Cal State Fullerton Lands SBA Funding, Venture Point. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;7/07/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p39
Focuses on the plans of the California State University to restart the consultancy for startup companies as part of the U.S. Small Business Administration grant in California. Support from the government to Venture Point company; Acceptance of accounting principles; Acquisition of technical...