Study says cut stock to improve cashflow
- Weathering the storm. // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2011, Issue 5762, p18
The article presents the advice of Phil Armstrong, partner at FRP Advisory LLP, on how companies can weather the economic storm in the furniture industry in Great Britain. He discusses the importance of regular and clear communication within the company to maintain effective staff management. He...
- Bassett's sales decline 21.6% in latest quarter. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/17/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p180
The article reports on the decline of sales of Bassett Furniture Industries Inc. It states that the company's sales fell 21.6% in the latest quarter, which ended on August 29, 2009, as its net loss widened to 3.45 million dollars. It notes that the company relates it to the weak order demand,...
- Focus on cash management helping FBI absorb its recent acquisitions. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;4/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p66
Reports the importance of cash management to acquisition of several companies by Furniture Brands International in High Point, North Carolina. Provision of turn-on-a-dime support to operating companies; Financial support through excellent balance sheet; Reduction of debt load of the company.
- Value-added cash flow: Marginal magic. Eichorn, Lloyd // Business Credit;May97, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p19
Discusses the important role played by cash flow managers and the adoption of value-added cash flow, or the willingness to include a qualified amount of `marginal' business to increase market share and profit for companies. How attitude and effort will make or break the company; What to do when...
- Controlling cash flow. Outcalt, Dick; Johnson, Pat // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p28
Provides guidelines to effective cash flow planning. Use of the Speedy Form for Cash Control; Memo entries; Adjustment of the plan.
- Taking control of company cash. L.L. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/13/95, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p3
Discusses cash management. Benefit to small businesses; Necessity of bank loans; Cash flow cycle; Investment of cash flow in raw materials and products; Sale of the product; Receipt of cash payment for the sale; Disbursements; Controlling the cycle.
- Challenging growth. John, Costa // Outlook;Summer97, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p34
Discusses effective tools for strategic financial management in an environment of explosive corporate growth. Cash conversion cycle management; Receivables growth management; Sustainable growth management; Growth capital management.
- Synthetic Cash Flow Finance. Deutsch, David N. // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p60
Discusses Synthetic Cash-Flow Finance (SCF), a transaction structure which allows buyout sponsors to deploy capital more profitably. Scarcity of attractive buyout situations; Senior credit package created by the SCF structure; Concept of Secured Equity.
- A fresh look at global cash managers. de Caux, Tony // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on the complexity and impact of global cash management. Branch network; Cut-off times for international payments; Price sensitivity of multinationals; Cash management culture.