Let's give peace a chance
- Can we talk in Gen X, Y language? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p37
Discusses how furniture retailers can enhance their appeal to the so-called Generation X and Generation Y consumers. Development of edgier, more fanciful, and home-inspired advertisements; Lessons in marketing that can be gleaned from the success of Sephora, a popular cosmetic/fragrance chain.
- U.S., Canada ramping up efforts in Mexican market. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p37
Focuses on the establishment of U.S. and Canadian furniture market in Mexico. Introduction of Broyhill furniture collections; Inauguration of Regency House distribution facility in Hermosillo; Exhibition of Canadian furniture in the international pavilion.
- Three San Fran market venues join forces. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p37
Reports the collaboration of market venues for the San Francisco Furniture Market exhibition in California. Registration for admittance; Inclusion of exhibitors at all sites in the show directory; Provision of a shuttle.
- Vegas vote postponed again. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p4
Reports that the Las Vegas City Council has delayed a vote on final approval for the proposed furniture complex World Market Center.
- Unique bedding strategy scores for Olum's. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the success of the marketing strategy of Olum's store for bedding in New York. Strategy of Olum's; Contribution of bedding sales on the income of the store; Factors contributing to Olum's success in bedding. INSET: Olum's at a glance.
- The missed opportunity in home entertainment. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p34
Reports the market status of home entertainment furniture in the U.S. Impetus to low-demand for entertainment furniture; Citations of companies achieving success in entertainment furniture; Implications for attaining a heightened market in entertainment furniture retail.
- Deal puts Furniture Brands on top. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Estimation of the annual sales; Increase of market share; Acquisitions made by the industry.
- Cost controls, growth help profits rebound. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the growing earnings of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of the operating profit; Escalation of market share; Use of global sourcing.
- About this survey. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p22
Presents survey results on the ranking of the furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Increase of market share; Investment income.
- Very few pros picking fabrics today. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p43
Focuses on the impact of Showtime, fabric show on marketing the fabric and furniture industry in the U.S. Opinion of fabric suppliers on latest trend; Contribution of the fashion director; Types of product offering.