TO REDUCE ACCIDENTS, LOST TIME: Sharpening culinary skills
- Industry event of the week. // Caterer (2055-7817);11/20/2015, Vol. 205 Issue 4901, p15
The article reports on the launch of the HIT Chef Academy, a program for training chefs, at the Hospitality House in London, England.
- Carluccio sets up chef school. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4264, p66
Reports on the foundation of the Scuola per Cuochi chefs' school by Antonio Carluccio in conjunction with Westminster Kingsway College in Great Britain in 2003. Quality of services to be offered by the school; Features of the program; Statement of Carluccio on the significance of training.
- Abre tu escuela de gastronomÃa. PONCE, KARLA // Entrepreneur Mexico;abr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p30
No abstract available.
- Get the lowdown. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4301, p88
Provides information on catering schools, courses and on-the-job training for aspiring chefs in Great Britain. Thames Valley College in England; Service offered by the Federation of Chefs Scotland; Chef-apprentice program of the Conran Group.
- Lessons in life. Fox, Tessa // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/10/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4204, p28
Features the Fish! Academy training school for chefs, opened by the restaurant group Fish! in London, England in October 2001. Amount invested by the group for the creation of the school; Expansion plans by Christmas 2002; Description of the training process.
- Really cooking. McKay, Gretchen T. // Executive Report;Mar1996, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p60
Reports an increasing demand for the students of Pennsylvania's culinary schools as more families elect to eat out. Potential for work of culinary students; Future prospects for those considering careers in the culinary field; Projected increase in the demand for professional cooks and chefs;...
- Kitchen classes. Schrambling, Regina // Travel & Leisure;Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p94
Provides information on cooking classes offered in different countries. Le Petit Blach Ecole de Cuisine in Oxford, England; La Varnne in Burgundy, France; Weir cooking in Veneto, Italy; Howqua Dale Gourmet Retreat in Mansfield, Australia. INSET: What to know before you go..
- Learning To Cook Cajun. Stith, Mark G. // Southern Living;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p28
Presents information on a cooking class in the Culinary Institute of New Orleans in Louisiana. Cost of attending lessons; Contact information.
- australian cooking schools. Welsh, Tricia // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jul2002, p108
Offers information on several cooking schools in Australia. Herbie's Spice Appreciation Classes in Rozelle, New South Wales; Jane Barry School of Cookery in Kenmore, Queensland; Drysdale Institute of TAFE in Hobart, Tasmania.