THERE'S A RIGHT WAY TO DO IT: CLEANING EQUIPMENT
- The Kinetics of Steel Corrosion in Sea Water. Vettegren, V. I.; Bashkarev, A. Ya.; Danchukov, K. G.; Morozov, G. I. // Technical Physics Letters;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p64
The kinetics of corrosion damage accumulation in stainless steels of various systems was studied using samples exposed in a model aqueous NaCl solution and in sea water. The time variation of the degree of corrosion damage corresponds to a reaction of the first order. The values of the corrosion...
- Bio-Corrosion: A Note on Fungal Solubilization of Iron from Stainless Steel Siegel, S. M.; Siegel, B. Z.; Clark, Katharine E. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Jan1984, Vol. 21 Issue 1-4, p435
No abstract available.
- Stainless steel rust riddle is finally solved. // Professional Engineering;2/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on an investigation concerning the cause of rusting of stainless steel. Process of creating stainless steel; Effect of the sucking of chromium by impurity particles; Possibility of changing the process.
- Distribution of Corrosion Pits on a Metal Surface. Vettegren, V. I.; Bashkarev, A. Ya.; Morozov, G. I. // Technical Physics Letters;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p533
The distribution of corrosion pits on the surface of stainless steel samples treated in a 3% NaCl solution is studied. It is established that the distributions are thermodynamically optimized and can be described by the Gibbs expression for a canonical distribution of the thermodynamic...
- Corrosion in stainless steels. Suess, Steven J. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr97, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p27
Examines corrosion modes in stainless steels. General or overall corrosion; Pitting corrosion; Galvanic corrosion; Microbiologically induced corrosion; Descriptions of failure analysis techniques; Use of immersion and electrochemical testing for establishing compatibility between metals and...
- Stainless Steel Tubing: Basic Design Considerations. Lamson, B.; Park, B. // Medical Device Technology;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p20
Presents tips on selecting stainless steel tubing. Design of the tubing; Resistance to corrosion; Importance of considering the sizes of tubings.
- The Effect of Thermal Preoxidation on the Pitting Susceptibility of Steel X18H10T. Zimina, T. Yu.; Tselykh, O.G.; Oshe, E.K. // Protection of Metals;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p577
The effect of thermal preoxidation of a X18H10T stainless steel in air at temperatures of 100 to 775ï¿½C on its susceptibility to pitting is studied. It is shown that the pitting potential of steel depends on the number of defects in the preformed surface thermooxides. Oxidation at...
- Corrosion Behavior of a Superduplex Stainless Steel in Chloride Aqueous Solution. Dabal�, Manuele; Calliari, Irene; Variola, Alessandra // Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance;Apr2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p237
Super duplex stainless steels (SDSS) have been widely used as structural materials for chemical plants (especially in those engaged in phosphoric acid production), in the hydrometallurgy industries, and as materials for offshore applications due to their excellent corrosion resistance in...
- Fittings get a cold treatment. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Aug2012, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p17
The article focuses on the move of SSP Fittings Corp. to adopt Expanite, a proprietary process to improve the corrosion resistance of the firm's stainless steel components.