- Combi oven's popularity gains steam among chefs. Scarpa, James // Nation's Restaurant News;5/21/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p28
The article reports on the rising number of chefs in the U.S. using the combination oven-steamer, commonly known as combi. Combi ovens use convection heat and steam to bake, roast, poach and steam food. Some combis can grill, fry and smoke food. Some benefits offered by combi ovens are...
- Hotshots. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;12/10/94, Vol. 93 Issue 18, p142
Focuses on the economic importance of convection and combination ovens in the foodservice industry in the United States. Features of convection ovens; Models of convection ovens; Technological innovations on convection ovens; Industrial applications of the ovens.
- The Versatile Combi Oven. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;May2008, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p105
The article provides information about combination oven/steamer. It is a piece of equipment that can bake and roast like a convection oven; steam and poach like a steamer and reheat or cook product without drying it out. The steamer/oven mode uses forced-air convection for even browning along...
- Color-Coded Cutting Boards. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1999, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p56
Evaluates the Sparta Spectrum Color-Coded Cutting Boards from Carlisle FoodService Products. Advantage of using the cutting board; Features of the cutting board; Sizes of the color-coded cutting boards.
- THE MANY FACES OF COMBI STEAMERS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/25/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4823, Special Section pX
The article discusses features, functionality, and innovations in combi steamers designed for cooking.
- Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;07/26/99, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p3
Presents news briefs about business enterprises in Las Vegas, Nevada as of July 26, 1999. Includes the return of the Street of Dreams festival to the city; Completion by `The New York Daily News' of its printing ad marketing test; Increase in retail sales for the `Roto Convection' air system...
- SO YOU THINK KNOW ABOUT...CONVECTION OVENS. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4362, p62
Focuses on the use of convection oven in the kitchen. Features of a convection oven; Discussion on the steam-generating system of convection oven; Points to consider when buying a convection oven.
- Combi ovens. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4614, p56
The article presents information on the use of combination ovens in commercial kitchens in the food service industry. The combi ovens are specifically appropriate for cooking roasted meats. It involves two cooking methods that are steaming and convection cooking. It offers several cooking mode...
- RAPID RESPONSE. DEVEAU, DENISE // Foodservice & Hospitality;Oct2012, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p41
The article discusses the advantages of rapid-cook technology including microwave, convection and airflow technologies for cooking. It also informs that fast-food outlets, kiosks and family restaurants are finding rapid-cook technology an easy cooking option while maintaining the food quality....