QUICKER, MORE COST-EFFICIENT: Induction cookers
- CHOW, BABY. Goulding, Matt // Men's Health;Mar2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p140
The article presents several tips related to cookery. Chef Mario Batali cites several factors to consider when choosing meat, seafood and farm produce. Recipes for pasta, steak and a stir-fried dish are provided. Alton Brown, host of the television programs "Good Eats" and "Iron Chef America,"...
- Stir it up. Lydecker, Toni // Restaurant Business;06/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p72
Focuses on stir-frying. Rapid cooking techniques in wok-seared dishes; Perceptions of customers on rapid cooking techniques as healthy choices for food preparations; Strategies used in stir-fry cooking; Several entrees in stir-frying.
- Cooking wisdom from the Far East. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Jun94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Discusses some of the benefits of stir-frying food. Suggestions for cooking in a wok; Results of an experiment at the University of Nebraska which compared nutrient levels of foods cooked by different methods; Recipe.
- Stir-fry tops poll as UK's favourite dish. // Horticulture Week;2/3/2012, p23
The article discusses specialty broadcaster Food Network's report that stir-fry as Great Britain's most popular dish which is prepared regularly by more than half of the population.
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish. // South Asian Post;2/2/2012, p12
The article reports on a study from the firm Food Network UK which has identified that Chinese stir fry has become the favorite dish in Great Britain.
- California-Style Stir-Fry. Williams, John K. // Men's Fitness;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p20
A recipe for California-Style Stir-Fry is presented.
- SPRING VEGETABLE STIR-FRY WITH TOFU. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p7
Presents a recipe for Spring Vegetable Stir-Fry With Tofu.
- Super Stir-Fry. Zimmerman, Matt // Scholastic Choices;Jan2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p24
The article presents information on the hygienic aspects of stir-fry.
- Cookin' lean. Ney, Tom // Prevention;Feb96, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p112
Presents method of stir-frying with just a scant amount of oil. Asian practice of stir-frying using sesame or peanut oil; Heating the wok to very hot before beginning and substituting flavored broth for oil; Procedure. INSET: Chop-chop..