HOW HOSPITALS STIR UP VEGGIE MENUS: Making patients aware
- Veggingout. Rosenstrach, Jenny // Real Simple;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p132
Although there are nearly 5 million vegetarians in the U.S. and the food-service industry is rushing to meet their growing demands they are still strangers in a meat-and-potatoes land. A 1998 survey by the Vegetarian Resource Group in Baltimore, Maryland found that 75 percent of members polled...
- Meat-free restaurants underline veggie trend. Kühn, Kerstin // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4525, p10
The article presents information on the growing popularity of vegetarian restaurants. The launch of three vegetarian-only restaurants in London, England reflects the growing concerns of increasingly health-conscious customers. Figures from online restaurant booking service Toptable.co.uk, showed...
- Trend Alert! Mastrelli, Tara // Hospitality Design;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p42
In this article the author reflects on the increase in the trend towards sustainability in the hospitality industry. He also discusses about several restaurants, taco trucks, and pizza parlors that have adopted this trend. Otarian, a new quick service restaurant chain which offers all-vegetarian...
- NO-MEAT EATS. Greenway, Olivia // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/21/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4628, p34
The article offers information on growing vegetarian customers and its effect on the hospitality industry. It states that restaurateurs and chefs are hesitant about switching over to vegetarian menu due to several reasons, despite customers' demand for vegetarian food. According to restaurateur...
- veggie bits. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
Reports on developments about vegetarian foods in the U.S. Cascadian Farm's offer of frozen organic sliced peaches; Charitable donations to the Vegetarian Resource Group under the Combined Federal Campaign of the government; 505 Southwestern's introduction of certified organic chile sauces and...
- Introducing New Ingredients for Meatless Jerkies. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Reports that West Virginia-based Primal Spirit has developed varieties of meatless foods. Foods made from shiitake mushrooms and seitan; Contact information.
- Bulletin board. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p8
Reports on developments related to vegetarian food in Australia. Update of information on survey of vegetarian restaurants; Opening of Oink, the online Animal Liberation shop; Promotion of salads by McCormick Salad Solutions.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2003, p9
Offers information on vegetarian food in Australia. Features of Harvest Personal Melons; Benefits of Olivado Avocado Oil; Book of recipes from the Chestnut Growers of Australia.
- STREET TALK. Gustafson, Michelle // Missoula Independent;4/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
The article presents the views of the general public of Missoula, Montana on the challenges of being vegetarian.