SWEETEN UP YOUR MENU WITH: Sugar and sweeteners
- Sucralose (Splenda): How Sweet It Is...or Perhaps Isn't? // Environmental Nutrition;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7
Answers a question on the claim that the sweetener sucralose is the safest sugar substitute.
- Cane mutiny. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;May99, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p31
Talks about the second and third-generation of sugar-replacing ingredients that are becoming commonplace for food formulators. Health aspect of sweeteners; Views from some executives on the matter; Information on isomalt.
- Sweeteners & bulking agents. // Prepared Foods;Mar97, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p52
Showcases new sweeteners and bulking agents available in the market today. ADM food Additives' spectrum of sorbitols; Dried plum puree from California Prune Board; The C*Dry maltodextrin line from Cerestar USA; The Quick-Flo PB40 Granules from Domino Sugar Corp.; Maltrin maltodextrins and corn...
- THE VERDICT: WHICH ONE IS BEST? Burling, Alexis // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p22
A quiz about sugar substitutes is presented.
- MUST TRY! // Atlanta;Jan2011, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p38
The article reports that Dunwoody-based SKOOPZ offers a natural sugar substitute low in calories and lacking the chlorine found in some mainstream sweeteners, which can be purchased from Natural Foods Warehouse.
- Low-calorie sweeteners. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Aug1999, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the use of low-calorie sugar substitutes, as approved by the United States Food & Drug Administration. Categories of low-calorie sweeteners; Average daily intake for each type of sweetener. INSET: Weight loss--the bittersweet news..
- Guilt-Free Sweets. // American Fitness;May/Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p14
Features Splenda, a no-calorie sweetener.
- Sweeter than sugar. Mogelonsky, Marcia // American Demographics;Apr98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the ubiquity of artificial sweeteners in restaurants. Statistical data on the use of sugar substitutes; Differences in the age of users in the United States.
- Truvia - Brand campaign. // Campaign;1/18/2013, Issue 2, p05
A review is offered of a television advertisement for the sweetener Truvia.