NOT JUST FOR VEGETARIANS: NEW HORIZONS FOR SOY
- THE LIST: PRIVATE SCHOOLS. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/22/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 16, p13
A table is presented which list the top private schools ranked by enrollment in 2012-2013 in Westchester County, New York for the week of April 22,2013 including Fordham Preparatory School, Solomon Schechter School of Westchester, and French-American School of New York.
- Tofu fuel. Clark, Nancy // American Fitness;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p66
Provides information about soybean curd or tofu. Health benefits from soybeans; Three varieties of tofu; Health protective properties of soybeans.
- Help kids (of all ages) acquire a taste for SOY. White, Marney // Total Health;May/Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the health benefits of eating soy bean products. Information on tofu; Different types of soy bean products; Ways to get calcium.
- Soy on the menu. Lydebecker, Toni // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p110
Presents tips on cooking soy products. Health benefits of soybean derivatives; Cooking method for mapo tofu at the University of California in San Diego; Dishes using tofu; Storage tips for tofu. INSETS: REFRIGERATE IMMEDIATELY: KEEPING TOFU FRESH;TOFU/MISO/TEMPEH: KNOW THE DIFFERENCES;TOFU...
- Capacidad emulsionante de sueros de soja. Sobral, P. A.; Wagner, J. R. // Innotec;2010, Issue 5, p63
The objective was to analyze the emulsifying capacity of different soybean wheys as integral products. The following samples were tested: lyophilized soybean whey (LSW), heated LSW (HLSW), lyophilized tofu whey (LTW) and heat-dried tofu whey (HDTW). The emulsions were carried out at same level...
- soy products. Plummer, Jennene // Australian Table;Apr2005, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p50
Provides information on several soy products. Soymilk; Soy yogurt; Tofu; Miso.
- Fortified Tofu. Dornblaser, Lynn // Prepared Foods;Oct99, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the benefits of consuming soy-based products. Research findings on the link between soy-based foods and breast health; Improvement made by Nasoya Foods on its Nasoya tofu; Health claim for soy products that the United States Food and Drug Administration is expected to approve.
- NIGHT KITCHENS. Thurman, Judith // New Yorker;9/5/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 26, p66
Presents an article about the history of tofu and tofu-making in Kyoto, Japan. Traditional technique of making tofu; Artistic style in making tofu; Background on the Okutan restaurant; Features of some restaurants that offer tofu.
- COOKING with TOFU. Perry, Marge // Muscle & Fitness Hers;Mar2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p76
Discusses the benefits of incorporating tofu into everyday meals. Information on common tofu myths; Types of tofu; Tips on combining tofu with other foods.