- turkeys. Erickson, Kim // Better Nutrition;Nov2007, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p48
The article compares the free-range turkeys and those raised in industrial farms and offers suggestions on picking the best turkey for Thanksgiving Day. It mentions that many turkey farms that claim to be free-range actually raise their birds in the same conditions as industrial poultry farms....
- Facing new economic realities. Brandenberger, Joel // National Provisioner;Oct2011, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p58
The article focuses on the state of the turkey industry of the U.S. The author notes that the production for turkey and its demand for exports has been high according to the forecast of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). He mentions that the National Turkey Federation (NTF) and its...
- Turkey safety and handling. // Consumer Reports;Nov94, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p702
Reports on the development of a faster test to detect `generic bacteria' on poultry, beef and pork to be implemented by the US Department of Agriculture. Useful tips on USDA safe-handling label; Means of preventing bacteria from spreading; Proper storage; Ways to properly thaw a frozen turkey;...
- Good gobblin'. // Diabetes Forecast;Nov96, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the publication of the free booklet `Talking About Turkey,' by the United States Department of Agriculture which contain information on buying, storing, thawing, cooking and serving turkey. Highlights' Availability; Contact information.
- New advice says don't stuff the holiday turkey. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p35
Focuses on the advice by the US Department of Agriculture's Meat and Poultry Hotline advising against stuffing a turkey. Comment by Bessie Berry, acting director of nationwide toll-free Hotline; Health risks of stuffing turkey; Contact information.
- All eyes on AI: Resilience and recovery. // National Provisioner;Oct2015, Vol. 229 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on the resilience and recovery of turkey production and supply after suffering losses due to avian influenza (AI) in spring 2015. Topics include the struggle of turkey producers to return to the turkey production, the pre-positioned response of federal agencies such as the...
- Optimism slowly creeps into the segment. BRANDENBERGER, JOEL // National Provisioner;Oct2013, Vol. 227 Issue 10, p68
The article focuses on the optimism in the turkey industry for the 2014 market following the announcement of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) about a 30-million-pound bonus purchase of whole birds and breast meat. It says that the industry hopes the initiatives of the government could...
- Agriculture Department has $2 million in grants for distance-learning. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/26/99, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p22
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's Distance Learning and Telemedicine Loan and Grant program. Financing for distance learning and telemedicine projects in the US.
- Will the USDA's MI Program Run Out or Will It Be Saved for 2010? // National Mortgage News;3/29/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p15
The article presents reports that the Guaranteed Rural Housing Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) could have insufficient allocation money shortly.