WHEN 'CHEAP' IS NOT AN ISSUE: Socially responsible coffee
- Caravali, Java City to combine operations. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/07/97, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on the proposed merger of premium-coffee concerns Caravali Coffees and Java City.
- ISSUES AT RETAIL: THE CHALLENGES FACING TODAY'S SPECIALTY
COFFEE RETAILERS. Everage, Laura // Gourmet Retailer;Jul2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p136
Years ago before consumers were introduced to specialty coffee, their knowledge about this beverage was sporadic at best. Coffee was considered a commodity and consumers' conception of quality didn't extend far beyond what they experienced from a can. Specialty coffee has become successful...
- OLIVE GARDEN OVERHAULS ITS JAVA. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;11/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p56
To boost coffee sales, Olive Garden has rolled out Caffe la Toscana, a new signature drip coffee blend. Brewed into a brushed metal thermal pot instead of being held in a glass carafe over a heated surface reduces the risk of overheated, off-tasting coffee, Kern says. It's served in a cup...
- Operators begin to raise coffee prices. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the possibility that food service operators in the United States will raise the price for coffee due to pressures on the coffee bean supply and production costs in Brazil and Colombia. Increase in coffee futures prices in February 1997.
- Better latte than ever: Coffee players perked up over sales. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Reports on growth in the coffee sector of the food service industry in the United States in 2000. Increase in the number of coffee shops established throughout the country; Percentage of the American adult population who drinks coffee; Factors attributing to growth in such industry sector.
- Event review: CaffÃ¨ Culture. // British Baker;6/1/2012, p16
Information about the CaffÃ¨ Culture show, attracting more than 230 exhibitors and about 4,600 visitors from bakery, equipment, coffee shop and foodservice sectors, held at London's Olympia in England from May 16-17, 2012 is presented.
- COFFEE BARS GROW UP. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, SPECIAL SECTION p12
Reports on the expansion of the menu offerings of coffee bars in the United States. Goal to address the competition; Study of the demands of customers; Example of the concepts introduced by Starbucks Coffee to improve the brand.
- Coffee craze. Koss-Feder, Laura // Hotel & Motel Management;6/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 10, p37
Reports on the popularity of specialty and flavored coffees offered by hotels in the United States. Additional food & beverage revenues from coffees; Upgrading of coffees served to hotel guests; Offering quality coffee; Hyatt's hybrid convenience store. INSET: Coffee statistics..
- Diedrich posts profit in FY '02 on revenue slide of 14 percent. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the financial performance of the Irvine, California-based coffee shop, Diedrich Coffee Inc. for the year 2002. Decline in sales; Cost of operations; Decline in depreciation expenses.