WHERE LONG HOURS ARE THE NORM: Wisconsin prisons lock onto combi ovens
- ACFSA Addresses: Correctional Menus. Althaus, Christine Berndt // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p92
Probes on the correctional menus in the United States. Calorie standards based on the 1989 Recommended Dietary Allowances; Findings of a survey conducted by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections; Most remarkable difference noted in a study of the American Correctional Food Service...
- Quilting Bee. // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
The article focuses on Christine Berndt Althaus, Dietetic Services Director of the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and her love for quilting. She says that she started her hobby when she was in college after her sister discovered quilting. She also shares that most of what she knows about...
- Feeding a graying prison population. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
No abstract available.
- Corrections. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p92
Focuses on the evolution of correctional foodservice. Formation of the American Correctional Food Service Association (ACSA) as a satellite to the American Correctional Association (ACA); Key role in the evolution of correctional foodservice; Meeting the standard dietary guidelines; Improvement...
- NEW TRENDS: Fewer civilian workers, price pressures loom. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the impact of the decline of the civilian workforce on correctional foodservice operations in the U.S. Decline in commodity funds and products throughout the correctional system; Food budget at the all-male juvenile facility in Racine, Wisconsin.
- How L.A County jails manage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p65
Focuses on the food service at the Los Angeles County jail system in California. Significant changes which affected the jail system; Comments from Betty Starr: Who was hired as food service director for the entire county; Number of meals provided daily; Responsibility of the foodservice. ...
- Michigan correctional unit moves in on `special buys.' Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p58
Reports that the Riverside Correctional Facility in Ionia, Michigan, has all but made up for the loss of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) supplied commodities, by taking advantage of special opportunity buys. Other benefits which special buys have resulted in for the facility;...
- Training is ongoing: Working with special diets. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p58
Reports that part of Ionia, Michigan located Riverside Correctional Facility's ongoing menu enhancement program, has been to accommodate more special diets off the main food service line. Goal of the food service program; Instruction which inmates receive regarding healthy eating habits;...
- Wis. DOC bans candy in prisons. Lehman, Mary // Corrections Today;Oct94, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the Wisconsin Department of Corrections' implementation of a ban on the delivery of candies to the state inmates.