HELPS KEEP MEAL PRICES LOW: Catering volume riding high at Saddleback Valley USD
- Catering pays off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the increase in the catering revenue of the Houston Independent School District in Texas during the previous school year due to its new catering kitchen facility as of July 2004. Amount generated by the district from catering; Remarks from Alexis Licata, executive director for...
- School District Caters Its Way to an Extra $100k. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the growth of extra revenue for in-house food service departments at Cartwright School, Arizona K-8 School District, driven by the aggressive promotion of its catering program.
- Going for Growth. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on how the decision of the foodservice department of Unified School District in Scottsdale, Arizona to began outside catering has helped the district generate extra revenue. Some of the catering clients have decided to participate in the National School Lunch...
- Evolving the venue menu. Clarke, Simon // Marketing Event;Jun2001, p31
Looks at food catering at event and exhibition venues in Great Britain. Overview of catering at Excel; Strategy in catering used by NEC Group catering director Patrick Ashe; Reasons for rejecting branded caterers in other venues; Benefits of improved catering. INSETS: Case Study: Earls...
- Bush tucker men. Hitching, Corinne // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4210, p43
Discusses catering for travelers on a journey across the African bush. Benefits for cooks of working on overland tours; Method of cooking used; Menu commonly served.
- West Bank caterers say their best offerings are old favorites. Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p36
Highlights the services offered by caterers from the West Bank district in New Orleans, Louisiana. Seafood specialties; Description of food preparations; Expertise of chefs and cooks.
- Plush corporate events help bring home bacon for local catering companies. Volz, Matt // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p23
Reports how catering companies in Louisiana profit from corporate social events. Reasons behind catering companies' preference for corporate clients; Increase in the revenues of Food Art for the year 2000; Potential business opportunities presented by conventions in New Orleans; Increase in the...
- Foreign caterers find in domestic acquisitions feed business growth. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the trend among caterers in the United States to acquire international companies in an effort to expand their businesses. Marriott Management Services' overseas acquisitions; Competition among caterers in the international market; Benefits of international acquisitions.
- More British companies and institutions turning to contract caterers. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/27/98, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p44
Presents results of a survey conducted by the British Hospitality Association on the use of contract caterers by corporations, schoolsand hospitals for their food service operations in Great Britain. Segments where contractors show the biggest gains; Graph comparing contracted segments of the...