VIEWPOINT: 'RAH, RAH' FOR RAW
- From half-baked to raw. // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on a movement that refused to cook their food. Reason of a member for eating raw foods; Support groups that provide needs of the Raw movement; Other approach of the members for eating raw foods; Methods of vegetarian for eating foods.
- Live foods. Nash, Jonell // Essence (Essence);Jun95, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p91
Focuses on the physiological benefits of raw foods. Resources and advocates of raw vegetables and fruits; Vegetarian recipes; Contact information.
- Raw Foods Diets: A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE. Hobbs, Suzanne Havala // Vegetarian Journal;2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p30
Examines literature on raw food diets of vegetarians. Health benefits; Philosophical discussion that examines food energy and its role in optimal health; Association with weight loss; Favorable effects of vegan diet on fecal microflora and other potential chemopreventive factors for cancer risk.
- UK Raw Centre. // Permaculture Magazine;Winter2009, Issue 62, p33
The article reports on the opening of the first vegetarian living food residential center by Health Etcetera in Hampshire, England. The stated objective of the opening of the residential center is to demonstrate what can be achieved by the human and mind body under a raw food diet. The grand...
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A RAW FOODS DIET? CLEMENT, BRIAN // Natural Solutions;Jun2013, Issue 154, p58
The article presents information on the health benefits of raw food diet. Topics discussed include consumption of regular wheatgrass consisting of high chlorophyll content to detoxify and clean blood, prevention of signs of aging by taking living food diet as the diet contain phytochemicals and...
- raw pleasure. Duruz, Sheryl // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Winter2004, p42
Discusses the benefits of eating raw or living food. Diet consisting of a wide variety of whole, preferably organic, plant ingredients heated to no more than around 44 degrees Celsius; Fruits, nuts, seeds, land and sea vegetables, roots, sprouted grains, pulses and legumes; Reduction in body fat...
- Vegan in the Raw. CONFREY, VICKI // Natural Solutions;Oct2008, Issue 111, p96
The author reflects on the health advantage provided in eating raw-food. Being a vegetarian, she recalls her first experience of eating raw food in a neighboring restaurant that introduced her on the delights of eating raw foods. Though she cannot actually agree to raw foodist that eating live...
- RAW FOODS In a Nutshell (Raw, Unroasted). Rotondi, Rod // Share Guide;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 107, p25
The article focuses on the beneficial effects of eating raw food. It mentions that raw-food diet evolves mainly on natural and organic products which have no pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. According to the American Diabetes Association, vegetable-base diets can decrease the risk for...
- veggie bits. Beans in Pouches. // Vegetarian Journal;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p16
The article evaluates the organic bean pouches from Jyotifoods Natural Foods.